Archive for Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Husband: Prof. went to range before shooting

February 16, 2010

— The husband of an Alabama professor accused of fatally shooting three colleagues said Monday that the couple went to a shooting range recently, but that he didn’t know where she got the gun she used for practice.

His description of Amy Bishop’s “normal” demeanor leading up to Friday’s shooting at a faculty meeting matched an account by a witness, who said the gathering was unremarkable until the gunfire broke out. Bishop, a Harvard-educated neurobiologist, is accused shooting six people at the meeting, three fatally. Two of the survivors remained in critical condition Monday.

Police have previously said Bishop had no permit for the gun they believe she used in the shooting.

Comments

infidel 4 years, 2 months ago

People do not need a permit to own a gun in Alabama. Kansas, unless you want to own a fully automatic machine gun or silencer requires no permit. Most states do not require a permit to own a gun.

It is a common theme among reporters to mention something like that on any story of with anything about gun crime.

LoveThsLife 4 years, 2 months ago

lol Liberty, but didn't you hear? It IS his fault.

Liberty275 4 years, 2 months ago

I heard her legal team is working on the "it's Bush's fault" defense.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 2 months ago

I've always said, you don't know when and how your death will come. I could finish typing this post, trip on the steps and break my neck. This nutjob is a great example of why; who saw that coming? Nuttier than grandma's 10 lb. Christmas fruitcake.

LoveThsLife 4 years, 2 months ago

She also is suspected of mailing a pipe bomb to some Pediatric Neurologist when she was working at Boston Children's...she is crazy. I read that she had confrontations with neighbors as well. It sounds like she had some major anger issues on top of other things. It would be interesting to find out why she was denied tenure. I am thinking it was because of personality conflicts.

RoeDapple 4 years, 2 months ago

If my wife had a gun I didn't know where it came from I wouldn't be able to sleep!

50YearResident 4 years, 2 months ago

I like the part where she went to the range with her husband and he didn't where she got the gun she was using. What, If my wife had a gun I didn't know wher it came from I would have asked her! He knew what was going down!!!

barrypenders 4 years, 2 months ago

She is the 'Poster Child' for Poser supporters. Except for the Liberal nest of Boston, Her story is purposely being kept quiet.

Stimulus, PAD Supporters, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless you all

barrypenders 4 years, 2 months ago

Individuals that have a propensity for murder should not be allowed to have firearms. PADs like the Professor and others designated by scientific statistics for gun murder, would be a good start.

Stimulus, Progressive Articulate Detriment, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless us

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 2 months ago

This woman is crazier than an s***house rat! She "accidentally" shot and killed her younger brother in 1986 when she was 20 . Apparently, there were two other "accidental" shots fired in the room, the crime scene investigators found. Her mother had political ties and while being booked for murder, the chief of police apparently recieved some calls, the booking process was stopped and she was released to her mother.

Yeah, we need more gun control laws.