Archive for Saturday, December 25, 2010

Police investigating unattended death outside the Out House

December 25, 2010, 2:37 a.m. Updated December 25, 2010, 5:42 p.m.

Police investigating unattended death at the Out House

One person is dead following a shooting incident Saturday morning at the Out House. Police officials are calling the incident an unattended death. Enlarge video

Local law enforcement officials are investigating a shooting incident resulting in one person's death that occurred Saturday morning outside the Outhouse, 1837 N. 1500 Road.

According to Douglas County emergency dispatchers, the incident was called in about 1:25 a.m. from the parking lot of the business as a shooting and possible suicide. Both police and medical units were dispatched the the scene.

Sgt. Steve Lewis, a Douglas County Sheriff’s spokesman, said the incident was listed as an unattended death, meaning nobody was around to see what happened.

Lewis said Saturday afternoon that no foul play was suspected in the shooting. The victim was an 18-year-old man from Olathe.

Lewis said the sheriff's office is awaiting results of an autopsy early next week.

Comments

b13jason 3 years, 11 months ago

i was there when it happened....was inside having couple of dances...and suddenly one of the guy came rushing to his friends inside and was saying that one of his friend got shot....everyone in the club got scared...it just happened in like 30 to 45 min...ppl inside were telling that it might have been a drug deal gone bad.....what a Christmas...

Bob Forer 3 years, 11 months ago

You mean they didn't close early on Christmas Eve to let their employees spend time with their families?

BruceWayne 3 years, 11 months ago

Charlie Sabotage 3 years, 11 months ago

they never close. i've personally made the turkey for thanksgiving before. no more buddy. never again

pace 3 years, 11 months ago

I hope there were no fatalities and my wishes are with the families.

somebodynew 3 years, 11 months ago

Well according to the police scanner blog report, there was a fatality. Does not sound good that is for sure. At least two families are going to have a sad Christmas time.

Shane Garrett 3 years, 11 months ago

pace 3 years, 11 months ago

I extend my condolences and ask for the families to know that the community is not represented by the sorry remarks made by a few. I think most people know how terrible it is to lose a family member.

DillonBarnes 3 years, 11 months ago

I know you love to jump on the police, but if everyone was inside... then maybe nobody saw what happened. A little logic goes a long way.

pace 3 years, 11 months ago

I think if people consider some comments inappropriate (with so little real information) they should flag the comments. The newspaper should at least know some people feel certain standards should stand against base gossip,. Careless remarks offend. Family and friends should not have to suffer malignant suppositions, they will have enough to deal with.

Randall Barnes 3 years, 11 months ago

weegee 3 years, 11 months ago

Wow, you sure have a lot of great opinions and great advice.

somebodynew 3 years, 11 months ago

Merry Christmas to you too. Too many lumps of coal in your stocking this morning????

Geez, I had hoped the sleeze comments wouldn't start till a little later, but I forgot I am reading the LJW posts.

Rick Aldrich 3 years, 11 months ago

Some of you sound like a bunch of gossiping nagging wining ole bats! please remember regardless that someone lost their life.

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULAR WINING PROGRAM!

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 11 months ago

Suicide is more prevalent at this time than any other time of year. Christmas Eve at a strip club? Anyone driven to that, I can believe it's suicide. I feel sorrow for the person that did it and I feel sorrow for their family.

overthemoon 3 years, 11 months ago

You know, there are positive news stories today about people doing good things. Hardly any comments. It is only the macabre and gruesome or divisively political that get a lot of comments. What does that say about this community?

Rich_Crank 3 years, 11 months ago

If this does prove to be a suicide, I am sorry for the family and friends who must deal with the aftermath. It isn't easy but I hope you can find some healing either within yourselves or through a support group, wherever you might be.

Randall Barnes 3 years, 11 months ago

MY COMMENT WAS AN OPINION AND STATED THE FACTS BUT WAS DELETED . I DO AND DID FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONES FAMILY JUST NOT WHERE AND HOW.SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANY OF THE LIBERALS.GOD BLESS THE FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF THE VICTIM.

Bucker00 3 years, 11 months ago

I applaud the LJW for deciding to review the content of the posts in this thread before posting them.

I understand that the updates lead to some posts that seem to cause some confusion to later readers, but some of those comments removed (and some that remain) were just beyond insensitive. It leads me to believe that some of these people leaving those comments have never suffered such a loss, or they would have a little more empathy towards those that have been left devastated during what should be a happy time of year.

BruceWayne 3 years, 11 months ago

waiting for Anna Undercover to report on this...Anna?