• On Monday, crews will begin a year-long project to rebuild Kasold Drive from Clinton Parkway to 31st Street. During that time, the road will be narrowed down to one lane of traffic in both directions. Minor delays are expected.
The first phase of the four-phase project should last for three weeks, and both lanes of the roadway will be open during the Christmas holiday.
• Kasold Drive is closed from Grand Vista to West Peterson Road. Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is performing maintenance on the gas pipeline that runs through the area. Motorists are asked to take Monterey Way to Grand Vista Drive as a detour. The project is expected to take two weeks.
• Douglas County Road 9 is closed between U.S. Highway 24/40 and Interstate 70. The road will be closed so crews can work on bridge construction. It will remain closed until late spring 2011.
• A section of East 1950 Road about one-third of a mile south of Douglas County Road 460 is closed for culvert replacement. The section will be closed for about two months.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. The road will be tied to the new frontage road that runs parallel to the new U.S. Highway 59. Work is scheduled to be completed in late 2012.
l North 650 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 and to the west for work on a frontage road, interchange ramps and new bridge to carry North 650 Road over U.S. Highway 59.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek Bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signal. The project is expected to be completed in early spring.