Archive for Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lawrence woman arrested on charges of aggravated battery

The 23-year-old woman was arrested after allegedly hitting her boyfriend with a mirror.

August 29, 2010

A 23-year-old Lawrence woman was arrested early Sunday morning on charges of aggravated battery and criminal damage to property.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Bronson Star, at 1:56 a.m. police were dispatched to the 5000 block of Clinton Parkway for a domestic dispute between the woman and her boyfriend, who lived together. Star said upon arriving at the scene, police found that the woman had struck the man with a mirror.

Star said the man was treated for minor lacerations at the scene.

Comments

anagram 5 years ago

"I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways..."

kansasredlegs 5 years ago

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?

Mike Wagner 5 years ago

So who gets the 7 years of bad luck?

kawvalleybulldog 5 years ago

It all depends on how long he stays with her.

kernal 5 years ago

500 block of Clinton Pkwy? I think not.

Bobo Fleming 5 years ago

When mama is not happy nobody's happy.

Sunny Parker 5 years ago

Poor guy...someone needs an intervention!

LadyJ 5 years ago

I'm probably going to regret this but here goes anyway. On the DGSD booking recap for arrests last night, a man was arrested 30 minutes earlier for domestic battery also, but no mention in the LJW. Hmmmm.

LadyJ 5 years ago

In fact, from midnight on the 28th there were 7 arrests for domestic battery plus 5 other arrests for battery. Must have been a rough weekend for everyone.

Mike Wagner 5 years ago

Full moons make people act crazy..

Jeremiah Jefferson 5 years ago

You mean they actually arrested a woman for domestic violence?

Fatty_McButterpants 5 years ago

Amazing how comical the posts are when a woman gets arrested for domestic violence, versus the posts when a man gets arrested for it. Hypocrites.

anagram 5 years ago

Nah - if it had been a man I would have thought up something equally inappropriate and offensive.

Fatty_McButterpants 5 years ago

You give yourself too much credit; your post doesn't reach the level of inappropriate and offensive, just stupid.

milehighhawk 5 years ago

Criminal damage to property?

The mirror belonged to him, then?

Steve Jacob 5 years ago

Give the guy credit. If he retaliated, he'd be in jail too. No good can come from hitting a women, no matter what she does.

Richard Payton 5 years ago

I've known the police to arrest woman after a guy 250lbs tosses her around like a rag doll. He gets a small cut to the face and she ends up with her kidney bleeding internally. The bruises usually aren't present until a day or two after the fight. This isn't about the above story but lets not rush to conclusions until all the facts are in. To often I've seen the police question why the woman stays instead of making it harder for the man. In some cases the woman stays to try to protect her children and raise them with a few good values. It's hard for a woman to leave when a guy even controls when she can leave the house and then questions why it took so long at the grocery store. I know of a lady that has called the shelter to be told they have no room. She has called for over one year and is hoping to make it out alive.

Kyle Reed 5 years ago

WOW...you got all that from 4 sentence article? You've got her being tossed around like a rag doll, only protecting her children, being grilled about where she was when she went to the store, and finally trying for a year to get into a shelter only to be turned away all the while hoping she makes it out alive?!

"...lets not rush to conclusions until all the facts are in." You should SERIOUSLY take your own advise.

Richard Payton 5 years ago

I wrote, "this isn't about the above story". The story I wrote about is from other experiences that I've known about.

pagan_idolator 5 years ago

Your friend should try Womans Transitional Shelter here in Lawrence. If they are full they may have other options for her.

bearded_gnome 5 years ago

I am shocked! this blatant injustice will not stand!

everyone knows, including some posters on here, that womyn are never the perpetrators of domestic violence. and furthermore everyone knows, including some posters on here, that all men are potential perps!

WTCS is great, but not for male victims of domestic violence.
their events further the stereotypes. these stereotypes are used as cover for womyn who commit domestic violence.

pagan_idolator 5 years ago

Gnome - you want me to kick yer butt?? Just kidding, of course but you always leave it open for me to insert a smart aleck remark. Do you think if there was something like WTCS for men they would go to it? I have actually witnessed female on male domestic violence. Its just as ugly as male on female. I have also witnessed female on female and male on male. Some people are just jerks no matter what their sex or sexual preference is.