Archive for Friday, August 20, 2010

Lawrence man loses teeth in fight

August 20, 2010

A 26-year-old Lawrence man was involved in a fight early Sunday morning that left him with teeth knocked out and lacerations to the face.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Susan Hadl, police were called to Lawrence Memorial Hospital about 1:30 a.m. about a fight that happened at Fatso’s, 1016 Mass. Hadl said the victim was closing a tab when he was getting shoved. He said he made a rude comment and was then hit during a fight. There are no suspects in the case.

Comments

Practicality 4 years, 5 months ago

I thought tabs with alcohol were illegal?

Stuart Evans 4 years, 5 months ago

imagine how many other things you're completely wrong about....

Practicality 4 years, 5 months ago

Stuart Evans 4 years, 5 months ago

did I mention anything about marijuana? I can only assume that you had someone else in mind.

aren't you so perfect that you don't ever drink or smoke or do anything outside of what's "normal". well guess what, you're the minority in a self-medicating nation.

scopi_guy 4 years, 5 months ago

Tab's great. I haven't had it in a while, but used to be able to buy it by the 6-pak at Dillon's here. That's the only place I've seen it in years. Don't buy it often because it's kinda pricey.

Shane Garrett 4 years, 5 months ago

A night at the bar results in getting shoved when paying a tab......results in making a rude comment that starts a fight..... rusults in getting hit during the fight.... that resluts in getting teeth knocked out.....Priceless.

somedude20 4 years, 5 months ago

"A 26-year-old Lawrence man was involved in a fight early Sunday morning" LJWorld you have scooped the newspapers once again with another thoughtful and insightive story. On Sunday (5 days ago) a fight happened (one of many I am sure since the kids are back in town away from home and ready to drink) and he had some cuts and missing teeth, holy cat toot Batman!!

Can believe that you charge 75 cents for your paper can't believe that people buy it.

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

Sucker punched? Only suckers punch you with your back turned,

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

" He said he made a rude comment and was then hit..." That Ms. Manners is a mean drunk. Watch out for her.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 5 months ago

Dent-u-grip.

okay LJWorld, and just what was that rude and offensive socially inappropriate comment he gave off leading to the fracas?

and, just how many teeth got knocked out?
I know, just filling your paper that.

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

Now he has what they call "summer" teeth. -- Some are there, some ain't.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have written that. Violence is bad. Shame on me for making fun.