“Confessions: Animal Hoarding” (8 p.m., Animal Planet) sets out to prove that the peculiar affliction transcends class and economic station.
A convenience-store clerk named Flossie finds that her modest salary can’t keep up with her menagerie of dogs, cats, a pig and a raccoon. Christine has a good job as a paralegal but finds her income eaten up with vet bills for her secret stash of rescued animals.
• How’s this for a first film? A fledgling director just out of college gains unprecedented access to a shadowy revolutionary army and travels to the remote Himalayas to document them.
Directed by Kiran Deol, “Woman Rebel” (7 p.m., HBO2) follows Silu, a young woman from Nepal as she joins the Maoist army trying to overthrow a monarchy that she believes caters only to the rich. Like Silu, more than 40 percent of the insurgents are women seeking equal rights in a rigidly hierarchical society. Silu’s fellow female rebels demand the right to an education, to own property, the ability to go to court in cases of domestic abuse and the equal right to serve in government.
After a 10-year civil war from 1996 to 2006, the Maoists were incorporated into the government and Silu was elected to a local position.
“Woman Rebel” contrasts Silu’s attitudes with a traditional society where women have long been ignored and parents frequently pray for male heirs.
Silu does not think change will come in her lifetime. “Women have always faced discrimination and violence. I want a daughter who will continue to fight against that.”
• Keith goes to Syria on the season finale of “Man Shops Globe” (9 p.m., Sundance).
• Oscar-winner Halle Berry received a Worst Actress Razzie Award for her performance in the 2004 comic-book adaptation “Catwoman” (8 p.m., Oxygen), and was even a good enough sport to accept it in person.
• A daylong salute to the films of Ann Sheridan includes the 1942 melodrama “King’s Row” (8:45 p.m., TCM), also starring Ronald Reagan, who considered it his finest work.
Tonight’s other highlights
• The top 14 compete on “MasterChef” (7 p.m., Fox).
• “Live from Lincoln Center” (7 p.m., PBS, check local listings) presents a recent Tony-winning adaptation of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical “South Pacific.”
• Denzel Washington, Clive Owen and Jodie Foster star in the 2006 heist drama “Inside Man” (7 p.m., AMC), directed by Spike Lee.
• Four wild cards move up on “America’s Got Talent” (8 p.m., NBC).
• Jay and Phil’s coaching styles clash on Manny’s basketball court on “Modern Family” (8 p.m., ABC).
• The CSIs close in on the secrets of the Compass Killer on “CSI: NY” (9 p.m., CBS).
• After a father is accused of murdering his daughters, Stabler’s former partner (Sharon Stone) takes the case on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” (9 p.m., NBC).
• Castle’s ex (Alyssa Milano) visits on a whim on “Castle” (9 p.m., ABC).
• A tornado chases the ladies into the cellar on the season finale of “Hot in Cleveland” (9 p.m., TV Land).
• A police chief’s murder brings two officers out of retirement on “Psych” (9 p.m., USA).