Archive for Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pompeo campaign apologizes for linking to ethnic slur on Twitter

August 12, 2010

— A Kansas Republican has apologized for his campaign's online links to a blog that used an ethnic slur to describe his Democratic opponent in the 4th Congressional District.

Mike Pompeo called Raj Goyle on Thursday to apologize. Pompeo says the links that appeared on his campaign Twitter feed and Facebook page were an honest mistake by a staffer who meant to link to a Google alert.

Goyle is of Indian descent.

His spokesman, Robert Becker, says Goyle has accepted the apology. But Becker says the link appeared intentional and that anyone on the Goyle campaign would have been fired for doing something similar.

Comments

dizzy_from_your_spin 3 years, 8 months ago

Just another ivy league educated, ACLU employed, east coast financed, ACORN supported, OBAMA-REID-PELOSI puppet and DEMOCRAT that can't tell the truth about his political party, religious affiliation, or legal name and take a simple political punch.

Pretty soon he'll be lookin' for cover from those mean T-partiers under the desk with Dennis Moore.

Har. Har. Har.

Mike Ford 3 years, 8 months ago

gee a dumblican who doesn't pull the tuck and run from their race baiting like I just saw Dr. laura do on CNN. The creepy people just keep pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with saying. I guess this is what passes for substance amongst a bunch of screaming with no platform tealicans and dumblicans who weren't very smart to begin with. I hope that no one returns the favor with mediterranean slurs against Mr. Pompeo.

Steve Jacob 3 years, 8 months ago

Not knowing anything about that race, I was assuming the Republican would win. Just looked up the two guys. Did not like that Raj Goyle has only two years in the Kansas House as political experience, but Mike Pompeo has nothing. He beat a very qualified candidate in the primary, Jean Schodorf. Republicans this year all over the country have been electing right wingers in primaries over good moderates. So when the US House and Senate barely hang onto majorities, thank Palin and the Tea Party.

staff04 3 years, 8 months ago

The article he linked to in its entirety is horrifying--the simple fact that someone from the campaign was even reading it, let alone linking to it is troublesome.

ksjayhawk74 3 years, 8 months ago

From the Huffington Post...

"A Republican congressional candidate and RNC committee member has personally apologized for a tweet his campaign sent out promoting an article that called his opponent a "turban topper" who "could be a muslim, a hindu, a buddhist etc who knows."

ksjayhawk74 3 years, 8 months ago

How about telling us exactly what was said so we don't have to get one of the most important facts about this article from the comments section?

RogueThrill 3 years, 8 months ago

I wish I could have staffers that I could blame things on. And those staffers were not hired by me. And they weren't hired by people I hired. And I am not responsible for people who work for me.

sunflowergirl 3 years, 8 months ago

I can see how calling someone a "turban topper" could totally happen by accident. Read the blog post here: http://gybp.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/11/4866038-mike-pompeo-for-us-congress