Emergency crews were able to put out a fire at an Indiana Street residence early Sunday evening.
According to Douglas County Emergency dispatchers, the fire was reported about 6:50 p.m. in a three-story building.
The caller reported the fire had started in the basement of the building and the first emergency units on scene advised smoke could be seen coming from the residence.
Emergency crews searched the building floor by floor starting in the basement. The fire did not spread to other floors and the smoke was allowed to dissipate naturally through open windows.
Crews on the scene gave the all clear command at 7:27 p.m.
The cause of the fire and estimated damages were not immediately available.
No injuries were reported.