• Drivers should expect lanes to be closed one at a time this week along North Third Street, from Locust to Lyon streets, in North Lawrence, as crews work to repair pavement. Crews also will be making repairs to other roads in North Lawrence, in preparation for paving operations set to begin in May.
• The right lane for traffic heading north on Iowa Street will remain closed this week from Harvard Road to Ninth Street as crews replace an underground waterline. Also continuing: intermittent lane and access closures on Orchard Lane, from Iowa to Centennial Drive; Westdale Road, from Harvard to Yale Road; and on Yale, from Westdale to Iowa. Centennial also remains closed to through traffic, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily, from Ninth to Yale.
• Drivers are prohibited from turning left off North Second Street at Locust Street in North Lawrence, as construction work continues at the intersection. The entire project is scheduled for completion in August.
• The 1000 block of New York Street is closed for the brick street restoration.
• Douglas County Road 9, which is East 1500 Road, is closed until late spring from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40.
• Sweeping of the barrier wall will continue along Interstate 70, from Gage Boulevard to the Kansas Turnpike toll plaza in Shawnee County, prompting intermittent lane closures in both directions from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• The entrance ramp from 38th Street to westbound I-70 and the left lane for traffic heading west on I-70 in Leavenworth County are closed for bridge repairs. The project is expected to last into mid-April.
• The southbound entrance and exit ramps for traffic on Interstate 435 at the Woodend Road interchange will close at 9 a.m. Tuesday for widening work. The northbound entrance and exit ramps at the interchange already are closed. The project, in Johnson County, is expected to be finished by the end of this month.
• Drivers on I-435 should expect varying lane closures in both directions, from Interstate 35 to State Line Road, through 3:30 p.m. Wednesday as crews work to repair pavement in Johnson County.
U.S. Highway 69
• The right lane in each direction along U.S. Highway 69 — also known as the 18th Street Expressway — will be closed from Steele Road to Interstate 35 for crack-sealing work from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Kansas Highway 7
• The Johnson Drive access to and from Kansas Highway 7 in Johnson County is closed for construction on the east side of an ongoing interchange project. A detour is posted. The Johnson Drive access will be expected to reopen to all traffic in mid-2011.