Archive for Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Black tea party backers take heat

April 7, 2010

— They’ve been called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms, and are used to having to defend their values.

Now black conservatives are really taking heat for their involvement in the mostly white tea party movement — and for having the audacity to oppose the policies of the nation’s first black president.

“I’ve been told I hate myself. I’ve been called an Uncle Tom. I’ve been told I’m a spook at the door,” said Timothy F. Johnson, chairman of the Frederick Douglass Foundation, a group of black conservatives who support free market principles and limited government.

“Black Republicans find themselves always having to prove who they are. Because the assumption is the Republican Party is for whites and the Democratic Party is for blacks,” he said.

Johnson and other black conservatives say they were drawn to the tea party movement because of what they consider its commonsense fiscal values of controlled spending, less taxes and smaller government.

The fact that they’re black — or that most tea partyers are white — should have nothing to do with it, they say.

“You have to be honest and true to yourself. What am I supposed to do, vote Democratic just to be popular? Just to fit in?” asked Clifton Bazar, a 45-year-old New Jersey freelance photographer and conservative blogger.

Angela McGlowan, a black congressional candidate from Mississippi, said her tea party involvement is “not about a black or white issue.”

“It’s not even about Republican or Democrat, from my standpoint,” she told The Associated Press. “All of us are taxed too much.”

Comments

barrypenders 4 years ago

"Race Hustling" is how PADs make their money.

"Commerce without morality, Politics without principle, Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Education without character, Science without humanity, and Worship without sacrifice." -- Mahatma Gandhi:

Stimulus, Mankind's Seven Social Sins, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless us all

Esq2eB 4 years ago

Cowboy said: "Put a flat rate on those guys(corporations) and you would see a monumental flow of tax revenue.

You would also see a monumental flow of corporations leaving the United States, you ding bat.

BigPrune 4 years ago

Nearly half of US households pays Federal income taxes. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nearly-half-of-US-households-apf-1105567323.html?x=0&.v=1

The other half don't pay squat.

independant1 4 years ago

Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charlie Rangel, Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, New York Gov. David Paterson, MSNBC's Chris Matthews, and other leftists claim that racism is behind criticism of President Obama. (Walter Williams)

Americans should disavow and not fall prey to the racial rope-a-dope being played on us by the nation's race hustlers. (Walter Williams)

independant1 4 years ago

So clearly, repubs can criticise repubs while dems now seem to be the party that walk in lock step to the beat of their partisan line.

The only dem criticism of the current big government wave (the HC big Kahuna) we're riding I see here is, "it's not big enough."

From an independant1's point of view, the dems in congress failed miserably to pursuade the opposition to join in any of this HC morass. The pendulum will swing the other way, it always does. The only question is, How far right will it swing?

An economists guess is about as good as anyone's. (Will Rogers)

I say partisan politics is for the intellectually lame. One should be able to argue either side if for nothing else for the sake of the arguement.

"Oh man!" (Bart Simpson)

independant1 4 years ago

We shouldn't think that the cure to Congress' unconstitutional heavy-handedness will end if we only elect Republicans. Republicans have demonstrated nearly as much constitutional contempt as have Democrats. The major difference is the significant escalation of that contempt under today's Democratically controlled Congress and White House with the massive increase in spending, their proposed legislation and the appointment of tyrannical czars to control our lives. It's a safe bet that if and when Republicans take over the Congress and White House, they will not give up the massive increase in control over our lives won by the Democrats. (Walter Williams)

independant1 4 years ago

These two intellectuals (Sowell/Williams) made their way in the 50's/60's sans eeo/aa, they are conservative and it's easy to say are affiliated with repub party. They eschew big government, entitlements and big defecits.

independant1 4 years ago

Our derelict Supreme Court has given Congress sanction to do anything upon which they can muster a majority vote.

James Madison, the acknowledged father of the Constitution, explained in Federalist Paper No. 45: "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. (Walter Williams)

independant1 4 years ago

Race hustling can also be a lucrative occupation, as Jesse Jackson -- among others-- has demonstrated in the United States. As long as we keep buying it, the hustlers will keep selling it. (Thomas Sowell)

Jim Phillips 4 years ago

bea, Thank you. And I will not argue your point. Neither side is innocent. Well said, indeed.

beobachter 4 years ago

chris, so you would again waste your vote?

ChrisNyberg 4 years ago

If the election was today I would vote Ron Paul, just like last election.

beatrice 4 years ago

Guardian, how often do conservatives on here speak out against fellow conservatives who resort to name calling? I've never seen other conservatives speaking out against a conservative poster calling people things like "demonrats" or far worse, and indeed, I've not seen liberals speaking out against other liberals who call someone something like "uncle Tom." I'm afraid it is a double-edged sword that does indeed cut both ways. That is the point I am making. You can't just say it is a liberal thing, and I likewise shouldn't say it is only a conservative concern.

Perhaps we really should all be more diligent to speak out against those who foster incivility, starting with those with whom we most closely identify.

I'll be the bigger person here ... and let you go first.

independant1 4 years ago

In 1957, President Eisenhower sent Congress a proposal for civil rights legislation. The result was the Civil Rights Act of 1957, the first civil rights legislation since Reconstruction. The new act established the Civil Rights Section of the Justice Department and empowered federal prosecutors to obtain court injunctions against interference with the right to vote. It also established a federal Civil Rights Commission with authority to investigate discriminatory conditions and recommend corrective measures. The final act was weakened by Congress due to lack of support among the Democrats.

Jim Phillips 4 years ago

My point, bea, and you know it's so, is that there have been many topics on this forum where-in Conservatives were all but crucified by Liberals for saying less. While none of the Liberal posters on this thread made or defended the comments themselves, their collective silence is deafening.

beatrice 4 years ago

Inde-1, I am sure Frederick Douglass would not recognize the Republican party of today as the party of Lincoln he knew and respected.

independant1 4 years ago

I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and progress. (Frederick Douglass)

independant1 4 years ago

I paid some federal Income tax.

independant1 4 years ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Tax Day is a dreaded deadline for millions, but for nearly half of U.S. households it's simply somebody else's problem.

About 47 percent will pay no federal income taxes at all for 2009. Either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits, deductions and exemptions to eliminate their liability. That's according to projections by the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research organization.

independant1 4 years ago

The crime of taxation is not in the taking of it, it’s in the way that it’s spent. (Will Rogers)

independant1 4 years ago

I recognize the Republican party as the sheet anchor of the colored man's political hopes and the ark of his safety. (Frederick Douglass)

beatrice 4 years ago

That should be, "the story does NOT state ..."

beatrice 4 years ago

Guardian: "So, I guess it's OK to use racial slurs if Liberals are referring to Conservative African-Americans."

Nope.

While I have no doubt that it has happened, I don't actually see anyone here or in the story saying that it is okay or the right and civil thing to do. I feel the story points out quite nicely that such blanket comments are silly. It is what you "guess" to be true of what liberals think, but it is not something based on the facts of what is written here. The story does state that he was called an Oreo "and he deserves it," now does it?

As I said, stupid knows no race, and it certainly isn't restricted to just one set of political beliefs.

tange 4 years ago

Black tea steeps best in hot water.

porch_person 4 years ago

TomShewmon,

"How many times do you have to repeat the "thrown off of this forum multiple times" until you tire of it? " ----- TomShewmon

====

It gets tiring reading your anti-Democratic, anti-Obama content day after day, especially when it gets inserted into threads where it has absolutely no relevance at all.

I mention the reaction of the moderators to your content because one of the aspects of your screeds is that you are beset by many enemies. "Mainstream media", "far left radicals", "Democrats", "liberals", "53% of the voting population", "porch_person", "Agnostick", "beatrice", "other bloggers too numerous to name", "LJ World moderators", etc, etc, etc....

Clearly, in your mind, everyone else is nuts and you're the only sane person alive. After getting thrown off here multiple times, one would think that you might contemplate that maybe it's your own content, composed in your own brain and typed on your own keyboard, that's the problem but that realization will probably never happen.

Hence reminding you periodically that it's not the other bloggers who have "discontinued your participation" at this forum in the past......

It's our hosts.

Jim Phillips 4 years ago

"They’ve been called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms, and are used to having to defend their values."

So, I guess it's OK to use racial slurs if Liberals are referring to Conservative African-Americans. Quite hypocritical, indeed! (Business as usual)

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

Nice as always porch. Again, we'll see who's thinking what in November. OK? How many times do you have to repeat the "thrown off of this forum multiple times" until you tire of it?

Calling me a troll? Rich, really, really rich. Troll.

beatrice 4 years ago

Tom's constant excuse for his actions: "But, but ... Bush!"

Sure must be nice to claim the ability to lie and make outrageous claims based on a belief that others did the same thing about another politician, even if it drove you crazy-mad when it happened.

Regarding this article, I'm not at all surprised. Stupid knows no race.

porch_person 4 years ago

Apologies,

I meant to say "Obama isn't going anywhere "if the election were held today".

Again, apologies.

porch_person 4 years ago

TomShewmon,

Obama leads the Republican Party which is barely ahead of the Democratic Party in approval.

Obama isn't going anywhere "if the election where held today".

You're that part of the Republican Party that can get told that the depression started during the Obama Administration and you'll believe it. You're gullible.

You're that part of the Republican Party that can't name themselves without bringing ridicule upon themselves. You're that part of the Republican Party that can't letter a protest sign without making mistakes.

You're that part of the Republican Party who will actually nominate someone who doesn't know the job description of the position she's being nominated for, a position one heartbeat away from the most powerful position in the world.

You're a troll who has been thrown off of this forum multiple times for never ending anti-Democratic rhetoric and worse. Yet you claim to be speaking for the average American.

You're fringe. Nutcase-ville.

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

"But if you listen to TomShewmon, the Republican Party is about to take over the country."

I said that? No, I believe what I've been saying is people have had it up to their eyeballs with Obama, Pelosi and Reid. The Lingerie Party or the Beer Party or the Pity Party may take over for all I know, but I do know Democrats are held in contempt by a majority of Americans at this time. Independents are very, very pissed off at O/P/R. That's alot of people to have pissed off you in a mid-term election year. If the election were held today, Obama would be moving back to Chicago to again work deals with his criminal associates and Michelle would not be proud to be an American----aaaagain.

(laughter)

barrypenders 4 years ago

Comparing the cultural qualities of Michael Steele with the Poser, I wonder what the Vaunted Harry Reid has to say about his description of Michael Steele

Does Steele measure up to Reid qualities? Does Steele meet Reid Culture 'Muster'?

I treasure Reid's opinion of Cultures.

Stimulus, PAD Culture Muster, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless us

porch_person 4 years ago

bruno2,

Have you heard the latest on Michael Steele? Tony Perkins of the uber-conservative Family Research Council called on contributors to stop funding the Republican Party and Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay resigned.

porch_person 4 years ago

Paul (Made_in_China),

That reminds me of joke I heard at a Roast. Jason Alexander had to apologize for the absence of Jerry Seinfeld at the roast, saying:

"Jerry wanted to be here but he had a previous commitment to (have sex with) a supermodel on a pile of money."

(Alexander lifted the joke from Jeffery Ross)

bruno2 4 years ago

So how about Michael Steele, wingnuts? Been to a S&M strip club recently, drop a couple grand there? Ouch! Hahahahahahaha

Paul R Getto 4 years ago

Money is nice, but overrated. I WISH I paid about 350,000 in federal income tax each April. It would mean I'd be having a whee of a time on the piles of money I'd still have in my pockets.

Olympics 4 years ago

Pilgram2....Forbes magazine is the source...hardly a "left wing" biased magazine.

gravitykills 4 years ago

I can see how liberals scowl at the thought of a black conservative. The left portrays conservatives as “rich white guys” ...never mind rural America.

And, as for Palin... she may be a "hot commodity", but so is the iPhone. She lost her credentials after her governor’s tour and hopefully her ‘commodity’ goes south after her book tour.

porch_person 4 years ago

(cont)

"When I travel to speak at Republican conferences and events around the country, wandering through hotels, convention centers and social clubs, as I approach the rooms where I'm scheduled to speak, I am often told by Republicans that I must be in the wrong place. While boarding a shuttle bus to a national convention a few years ago, an attendee who was already on the bus introduced himself to another white guest who was boarding, took one look at me and, in an attempt to be helpful, told me I was on the wrong bus. As a Bush delegate at the 2000 convention in Philadelphia, I proudly wore my delegate's badge and RNC lapel pin as I worked the convention. Regardless of the fact that I was obviously a delegate prominently displaying my credentials, no less than six times did white delegates dismissively tell me to fetch them a taxi or carry their luggage. "

---- Yours truly, Shannon F. Reeves, Secretary of the Board, California Republican Party

(If you don't know by now, Shannon Reeves is a black man)

porch_person 4 years ago

Worth posting.....

Open Letter to the Board of the California Republican Party

By Shannon Reeves Thursday, January 09, 2003

To: Members of the Board of Directors of the California Republican Party

Dear Colleagues: As many of us have learned in recent media reports, Vice Chairman Bill Back distributed an article entitled, ''What if the South had Won the Civil War?'' -- an article that concludes that problems with race relations in America are the result of slaves being freed through Reconstruction, and black migration out of the south as a result of desegregation. This article trivialized slavery and it trivialized the impacts of slavery on my ancestors and people of African decent. The notion that this country would be better off if my ancestors had remained enslaved, and considered less than whole people, is personally offensive, abhorrent, and vile.

I am sick and tired of being embarrassed by elected Republican officials who have no sensitivity for issues that alienate whole segments of our population. Republican leaders who consort with the Council of Conservative Citizens, highlight stump speeches at Bob Jones University, reminisce about segregationist campaigns, and sympathize with the bigoted views - and the very real possibility that others in our party affiliate with the Free Congress Foundation and groups with similar offensive ideology - perpetuate broad public opinion that Republicans harbor racist and bigoted ideals.

impska 4 years ago

Grammaddy should run for office on that flat 10% tax platform.

And cowboy, I have to question your stat about 60% of corporations not paying any taxes - is it because 60% of corporations are empty or make no money? If you make even a tiny profit you're paying taxes as a corporation. That said, incorporating is an easy matter of filing the paperwork, even if you never end up going anywhere with the business. I think it's easy to think "big" when you hear the word corporation, but that's the minority.

LoveThsLife 4 years ago

They may have sought her out and she may be a "hot commodity" but that doesn't give her any credibility in my book. I think she is a joke.

barrypenders 4 years ago

The PADs do like to use the 'Word' as some sort of tool to banish people from their circles. They get their 'Jollies' with it's use. But what does it mean? The color of skin for them is an odd way to get the upper hand in a thoughtful discussion. Their congenital behavior to 'PidgeonHole' a culture to get things/attention, seems like emotional 'Usury'.

Wonder what the 'Word' means to a PAD?

Stimulus, PAD Abuse, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless us

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

barry, "racist" has been the most used word by PAD's since 11/2008, and the election of a black man was the left's dream come true. They now can toss that word out everytime they engage in political debate. They can't help themselves. What more could they beat the opposition over the head with than the word "racist". I knew this the minute he was elected. And let me tell you, for the umteenth time in my adult lifetime, I can honestly say I've always been proud to be an American.

g_rock 4 years ago

Playing the race card is an easy way to try to discredit ANY political movement....it has been used on all sides, all races, all fronts. It is just the easiest, most base thing people can point to. That doesn't make it a legitimate argument though.

barrypenders 4 years ago

I still don't know what the PAD vernacular 'Racist' means. Is 'Harry Reid's' description of the Poser accurate and a definition for the word?

Stimulus, PAD Dialect Vernacular, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless us all

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

I no more beat the same drum than the far-left Bush-hating zealot did several years ago (and for several years). Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, doesn't it bruno?

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

Palin was sought after by the tea party, as are many entities. Palin is a hot commodity. Palin and Obama are the two most popular people in the US at this time. She draws crowds and is rakin' in the dough. More power to her. Looney lefties that bellow, "Run Sarah Run!" otta be careful what they wish for. Obama is proving to be an affront to more Americans, more and more every day.

bruno2 4 years ago

"This President is dangerous", "the constitution"... Oops, the record's stuck, oops the record's stuck, oops, the record's stuck... How do you like the weather today, Tom? "This President is dangerous". How about them Jayhawks? "Defend the constitution". Parrots of the world untie!

LoveThsLife 4 years ago

I haven't heard of Shannon Reeves doing anything to make them look foolish. The thing about the Tea Party movement is that it is disorganized. I am sure there are some who are racist...however, there are a lot who are normal citizens concerned about government spending etc. Even Obama has discussed this..I am surprised that so many of his supporters have not acknowledged this.

If Sarah Palin wasn't involved in it..I think I would be more interested myself..I can identify with those who have concerns about government waste and spending as well as government programs that are simply dysfunctional at best.

Pilgrim2 4 years ago

Olympics (anonymous) says…

Exxon made $45 billion in profits last year while paying no federal income tax.

Care to back that up with some documentation?

Liberty_One 4 years ago

TomShewmon (Tom Shewmon) says…

"I know it's costly but do you wanna be safe or not? Defense is something I'm OK with the gov't going fat on"

A standing army is a threat to liberty. We're safer with a smaller army than a bigger one.

LoveThsLife 4 years ago

Shannon Reeves is the National Director of State and Local Development for the RNC. He has called certain Republicans out for being racist. He mailed an open letter in 2003 to the Board of California criticizing Bill Black (who was Vice Chairman at the time) for a racist letter he wrote. He also criticized his own party for being racist in the letter by discussing experiences he has personally had.

Aiko 4 years ago

Racism at its finest!

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

rather: "(that there are racists in the party?). "

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

He's the director of something for something somewhere (CA) for the GOP.

The best I can tell is he claims the GOP uses blacks for "window dressing" and more or less (if you read some of his stuff) says in so many words that the GOP makes it hard for blacks to assimilate into their party (that are are racist in the party?). That's about as much time as I wish to spend looking that up for you, porchie.

LoveThsLife 4 years ago

I think it is ridiculous that because someone is a certain race they are stereotyped into being of a certain party and that if they don't fit the "mold" they are harassed.

porch_person 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me who Shannon Reeves is and why what happened to him makes the Black Tea Republicans look foolish?

headdoctor 4 years ago

barrypenders (anonymous) says… "That reminds me Tom. Neither you or any of the other modern abominations of the Republican party have ever answered what the Republican party has ever done for you to gain the undying support. I mean really" Your question 'Exemplifies' the PAD need for 'Spreading the Wealth'. Feeding off of those that can for those that can't, is a trait that cannot survive in and of itself. Once the cherrys have been picked, what is left? The leaves to eat?

Nothing like attempting to answer my question with a twist that tries to push the Republican point for their agenda. Since you chose to go there so will I. The Republicans supposedly don't like redistribution of wealth yet their plan takes from everyone including the poor and puts it in their pockets or their buddies pockets. They sure don't have a problem with that.

Better try next time. As I have said before. The Republicans are always whining about Socialism and then run to the trough to feed themselves. The only difference in their Socialist plan is who the beneficiary is.

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

As Ann Coulter has opined, there is nothing more difficult than being a black conservative (politician). Liberals apparently don't even try to hide their hypocrisy anymore, in fact, I don't believe that THEY believe it's hypocrisy.

Ancient Arabic Proverb say:

"Arrogance diminishes wisdom."

And there is enough arrogance in the Democratic Party to diminish a whole lotta wisdom. O/P/R illustrate this day in and day out.

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

“(CNN) -- When it comes to the Tea Party movement, the stereotypes don't tell the whole story. Here's what you often see in the coverage of Tea Party rallies: offensive posters blasting President Obama and Democratic leaders; racist rhetoric spewed from what seems to be a largely white, male audience; and angry protesters rallying around the Constitution. Case in point: During the health care debate last month, opponents shouted racial slurs at civil rights icon Georgia Rep. John Lewis and one person spit on Missouri Rep. Emanuel Cleaver. The incidents made national headlines, and they provided Tea Party opponents with fodder to question the movement. But here's what you don't often see in the coverage of Tea Party rallies: Patriotic signs professing a love for country; mothers and fathers with their children; African-Americans proudly participating; and senior citizens bopping to a hip-hop rapper…”

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

Breaking news: Liberals discover that Black people have individual motives, don't all think alike.

barrypenders 4 years ago

Your question 'Exemplifies' the PAD need for 'Spreading the Wealth'.

Stimulus, PAD Feeding Frenzy, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless you

whats_going_on 4 years ago

puddleglum (anonymous) says… snap sez: This president is dangerous too, if you believe the Constitution of the United States should be preserved.

This president? I thought we sold the constitution on ebay during the last presidency....as Cheney said: "we have no use for it" ...

failure. try again.

hah!

headdoctor 4 years ago

That reminds me Tom. Neither you or any of the other modern abominations of the Republican party have ever answered what the Republican party has ever done for you to gain the undying support. I mean really. The lower income, lower educated, angry Republicans have more than likely benefited more from Democratic actions than the Republicans. Most of the Republican plans do not include the lower end bunch so why do you all keep letting them mess you over. Surely it can't be the whole education thing. After a while even the least intelligent get tired of being kicked around.

Mike Ford 4 years ago

changing the subject of race is the right's way of ignoring their own 800 pound gorilla in the room. Diminish the race of Barack Obama and they can beat the heck out of him on everything else and declare that they share none of the racist values of the Teawhatevers. REALLLY!!!!!

Yes, the GOP was against slavery in the U.S. Civil War. Yes they occupied the South as carpetbaggers during Reconstruction and the southerners hated them. As the GOP became a party of the rich on the wrong side of the U.S. Depression with Hoover and Landon, they had to reach out. When Harry Truman integrated the military in 1948, he forced the Orville Faubuses, Strom Thurmonds, Jesse Helms, and George Wallaces to create the racist Dixiecrats. LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and these people had no where to go until Nixon did his southern strategy and brought these Friendly People? into the GOP tent. Within ten years the godlicans were brought into the fold and voila we have the mess that has existed with Bedtime for Bonzo, Diplomatic Throwup, and WHERE ARE THE WMDS since 1980. What's funnier is now we have the uncensored publically racist and violent patriots? who want to take the country back to the Articles of Confederation. Since when was 1781 so appealing? I've noticed that when minority groups can't get the party they normally favor to follow through on legislation, they go to their opponents to apply pressure. A tribe here in Kansas gave money to GOP candidate Tim Schallenberger to oppose state gaming when Kathleen Sebelius supported it. The tribes didn't want any competition to their casinos. Maybe these tea partiers are trying to send a message through the wrong channels, who knows?

Olympics 4 years ago

Last week, Forbes magazine published what the top U.S. corporations paid in taxes last year. “Most egregious,” Forbes notes, is General Electric, which “generated $10.3 billion in pretax income, but ended up owing nothing to Uncle Sam. In fact, it recorded a tax benefit of $1.1 billion.” Big Oil giant Exxon Mobil, which last year reported a record $45.2 billion profit, paid the most taxes of any corporation, but none of it went to the IRS:

Exxon tries to limit the tax pain with the help of 20 wholly owned subsidiaries domiciled in the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands that (legally) shelter the cash flow from operations in the likes of Angola, Azerbaijan and Abu Dhabi. No wonder that of $15 billion in income taxes last year, Exxon paid none of it to Uncle Sam, and has tens of billions in earnings permanently reinvested overseas.

Olympics 4 years ago

Exxon made $45 billion in profits last year while paying no federal income tax.

headdoctor 4 years ago

TomShewmon (Tom Shewmon) says… XEPCT, I know it's costly but do you wanna be safe or not? Defense is something I'm OK with the gov't going fat on. Welfare, ObamaCare, entitlements, pork, and expanding gov't is not. It's the long-term view that seems to escape today's progressive. Obama is dangerous.

You are so full of it, it would be hard to tell the difference between you and a Thanksgiving turkey. Republicans are against entitlements, pork, and expanding Government???? Except when those items are a benefit to the Republicans and or their agenda. I suspect there will many of the lower income angry Republicans will enjoy the Obama Care when they think no one is looking to notice.

barrypenders 4 years ago

PADs have exacerbated the fact that the Poser is the 'First'. Harry Reid said it best concerning Poser's qualities.

Poser is the 'Epitome' of being the 'First' in the PAD mind. He is the 'be all to end all', for those the 'Blessed One' represents. The example to be emulated by all.

Progressive Articulate Dependents, survival is contingent on 'Spreading The Wealth' of those that 'Can' to those that 'Can't'

Stimulus, Epitome PAD, and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless us

bendover61 4 years ago

This is about racism, straight up.

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

Possibly, our idiotic legislators, R&D alike, are afraid a "flat tax" or nat'l. sales tax or whatever could compel people to start saving for once in their lives, therefore, the gov't.s deep, deep well would dry up real fast. But I think the extra $10-20-30-40K.......??? per year on earner's paychecks would be promptly spent. Bottom line is, our illustrious leaders want to make damn sure they get your money. The IRS sucks. And now they're going to be involved in your healthcare. If you think that prostate exam was uncomfortable in the past.......wait and see now!

WOW!

headdoctor 4 years ago

TomShewmon (Tom Shewmon) says… Surprised some lefty hasn't produced some nonsense about how black tea partiers are being paid and/or exploited by the GOP yet.

You could be waiting awhile. Your not that good at baiting. Although it wouldn't surprise me if VALERIE BAUMAN of the Associated Press wasn't paid by outside sources to write this stupid piece of wasted space.

puddleglum 4 years ago

failure. try again.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 4 years ago

The legislative and executive actions of the Republican Party consistently run counter to the interests of all people not of the upper 10% of income earners and wealth holders, whether they be black, white, red or chartreuse. That is the essential theme of Thomas Frank's book What's the Matter with Kansas, and it's almost certainly true for the vast majority of teapartiers, as well.

Sadly, the Democratic Party is subject to the same corrupting influences (wads of corporate cash) and doesn't have a much better record, as the recent healthcare bill demonstrates.

headdoctor 4 years ago

cowboy (anonymous) says… Back to the black Tea Partiers , whats the problem , theres only like 4 or 5 of them total.

Yup. I can't think of any black conservatives that would want to be within 10 miles of anything to do with the Tea Baggers. Come to think of it. I can't think of any blacks that would want to be part of them either.

SettingTheRecordStraight 4 years ago

To those who complain that taxes are too low, federal income taxes on all wage earners bring in about $1 trillion per year. Our 2010 federal deficit alone is $1.5 trillion. The government would have to raise income taxes by 150% just to cover one year's worth of budget shortfalls. And that doesn't begin to address our accumulated national debt of $12 trillion.

grammady, I would love a 10% tax across the board. Like Tom, I'd be out investing in our economy instead of sending a wad of cash to Washington.

cowboy 4 years ago

cowboy 4 years ago

tom , it's not really about you and I paying a different rate that would really impact the US. Varying percentages are out there that indicate less than 40 % of US corporations pay any tax at all. Put a flat rate on those guys and you would see a monumental flow of tax revenue.

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

XEPCT 4 years ago

Tom Shewmon ... you want us to cut spending yes? Do you have any idea how much it costs to maintain nuclear weapons? I don't think you do. I also don't think you realize that the Russians were the ones who pushed this decommissioning. Why? Because they can ill afford to keep all their stockpiles operational.

Ignorance is dangerous. This president is dangerous too, if you're a terrorist holed up in Northwest Pakistan.

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

I meant to say: "Ten percent of earners making $15,20,25,30K or $300K and above would put them broke in a heartbeat. They need $150K of someone making $500K, not $50K....again it would put them out of business real quick. I like the idea of a nat'l. sales tax---period. People would spend, spend, spend and the same revenues would be generated, if not more.

It's become very obvious our government just does not have a clue what their doing. Scary. Dangerous.

Tom Shewmon 4 years ago

Hey, grammaddy, I would loooooove that taxation schedule! Ten percent? Wow! I'd be out on April 15 buying a new truck instead if mailing a a very heavy check to Uncle Sam. Problem is grammaddy is, the fed NEEDS that 35-40% of the rich or they'd go broke-----quick. Ten percent of earners making $15,20,25,30K would put them broke in a heartbeat. That's why Obama, Pelosi and Reid are eye-balling a VAT tax.

".......and for having the audacity to oppose the policies of the nation’s first black president.

Yeah, that seems to be a problem for any one or groups who oppose The Anointed One. And he pledged to make for a nuke-free world, and guess what? He's starting with America first. This president is dangerous. Very dangerous. Even if you're black, if you oppose him, you sit down, shut up and wait your turn.

This president is dangerous.

Liberty_One 4 years ago

grammaddy (anonymous) says…

"All of us are taxed too much..." Not all of us. The upper crust still hold on to the tax breaks Bush gave them. Why not tax everyone a straight 10% across the board."

grammaddy complains about tax breaks for the rich and then proposes what would amount to a massive tax cut for the rich. Umm.....ok?

grammaddy 4 years ago