Archive for Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Man taken to hospital after fight near Sixth and Massachusetts streets

September 23, 2009

A man was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with non life-threatening injuries after a fight near Sixth and Massachusetts streets.

The incident occurred about 1:31 a.m. Wednesday in an alley behind Quinton's, 615 Mass.

Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman said one person involved in the fight was taken to LMH for cuts to the face.

Bordman said no one had been arrested in connection with the incident.

Comments

Mike Wagner 5 years, 2 months ago

I heard that ku basketball/football players were involved???

Zachary Stoltenberg 5 years, 2 months ago

I think most of them go over to coach's house if they want to hang out and party.

Onlyifitsadryshelter 5 years, 2 months ago

Those are the most assinine comments I have ever read. I hope that this drivel is simply trying to get you closer to being the 1,000,000 poster. Why is it that posters on this site are always trying to blame someone else? It's Topeka! No it's KC! No it's athletes! SERIOUSLY?????

When you put a large number of people in a small area with a lot of dark alleys and lots of alcohol people are going to fight. Even your precious kids. This fight was at Quintons and the last time I checked it was a "middle class" place to be.

Quit being so seriously stupid and judgemental. You have absolutely no idea what goes on with Lawrence night life except what little you read in the paper and make up in your own little minds!

newsomebody 5 years, 2 months ago

Can we blame this on Axis?? Wait they weren't open... Who ya going to blame this on now...

countrygirl 5 years, 2 months ago

Think this was a different fight from the one the ball players were involved in. Different places.

ralphralph 5 years, 2 months ago

The "MORE LIKE THIS" is like a trip down Memory Lane!

RoeDapple 5 years, 2 months ago

At least he didn't have to be life flighted. Somebody must have had a band-aid...

Stuart Evans 5 years, 2 months ago

“I got a dislocated finger ..from throwing a punch ..so don’t let the news paper gas yall up aite,” Taylor wrote.

Minutes earlier, around midnight, he wrote: “real (racial slur)s do real things .. point plankn.”

His earlier posts indicate there may have been escalating tension.

“keep my name out ya’ mouth for you get smacked in it,” he wrote at 11:12 a.m. Tuesday, and 30 minutes later he posted, “never get outta character .. I’m always a G about it.”

About 4 p.m., Taylor posted, “(racial slur)s be muggin me ..you know I’m mugging back.”

How about you take your G azz back to hood. You're playing for a top notch University with a chance to really make something of yourself. Yet what you want to do is be hard and continue to prove yourself like you're slingin' rock. give it up kid, your future is way more valuable than this BS

fatheadff 5 years, 2 months ago

You can take the Homie out of the hood but you will never get the hood out of the Homie.

jlarance85 5 years, 2 months ago

I second that statement about Missouri.