Archive for Sunday, September 20, 2009

Two cited after pellet gun incident

September 20, 2009, 4:25 a.m. Updated September 20, 2009, 11:13 p.m.

Two men were issued citations early Sunday following a pellet gun incident and fight that sent a 21-year-old KU student to the hospital with minor injuries.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Susan Hadl, the victim told police he was walking westbound across the 1300 block of Ohio at approximately midnight when he was struck above the ear with a projectile.

The victim then approached a group of men sitting on a nearby porch. When he saw an Airsoft pellet pistol in the men’s possession, he tried to grab it and was punched by one of the men. At that point, security staff from The Hawk, 1340 Ohio, broke up the fight and confiscated the pellet gun.

Police learned of the incident when Lawrence Memorial Hospital contacted authorities about 1:50 a.m.

The victim required stitches because of a punch to his face.

A 22-year-old man received a citation for battery and a 21-year-old KU student received citations for battery and shooting missiles.

Comments

couranna1 4 years, 6 months ago

you'd expect that at the ghetto that is Hampton Ct but in civilized society

Graczyk 4 years, 6 months ago

igby,

Unless I misread the article, the victim did not receive a citation. I think the 21 year old KU student who received the citation was the one who shot the airsoft gun.

ralphralph 4 years, 6 months ago

Can you walk Westbound on Ohio?

igby 4 years, 6 months ago

This is what's wrong with LPD. This pellet gun shooter should be in jail for agg. battery. Instead, they issue tickets to the victim of a serious crime for investigating who shot him. He gets battered as well. LPD did not protect or serve and failed to do so. Crimes like this, against anyone walking in public on a city sidewalk, being shot with a pellet gun is as serious as it gets. It's a fire arm that can injure a person for life.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 6 months ago

Nobody like missiles, nobody.

Bet them thar younguns on the porch is wishin thet theys misted fired both times. A lil' impotence there cudda saved the beer money.

RKLOG 4 years, 6 months ago

Education for the privileged is being put to such good use.

Pogo 4 years, 6 months ago

God Bless those college students.....they help make Lawrence the ever so fine place it is and infuse our local economy with dollars.

Alabamastreet 4 years, 6 months ago

Does this have something to do with the new cannon at football games?

Eride 4 years, 6 months ago

"I didn't know it was just a citation to shoot missiles. I think it's time to break out my grenade launcher! … It's just a citation;)"

"shooting missles?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? llmmmaaooooo"

My response: ...............................

missile: an object (as a weapon) thrown or projected usu. so as to strike something at a distance

misslawrence 4 years, 6 months ago

SHOOTING MISSLES?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? llmmmaaooooo

OonlyBonly 4 years, 6 months ago

Gee. I wonder if they (the perps) were students? LOL

ddayot 4 years, 6 months ago

BrianR 4 years, 6 months ago

Well, sage, that depends what you eat for lunch :)

Zachary Stoltenberg 4 years, 6 months ago

I didn't know it was just a citation to shoot missiles. I think it's time to break out my grenade launcher! ... It's just a citation;)

Sagecasey 4 years, 6 months ago

I think you mean after 12am danemary and I agree.

danemary 4 years, 6 months ago