Archive for Sunday, September 20, 2009

Two cited after pellet gun incident

September 20, 2009, 4:25 a.m. Updated September 20, 2009, 11:13 p.m.

Two men were issued citations early Sunday following a pellet gun incident and fight that sent a 21-year-old KU student to the hospital with minor injuries.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Susan Hadl, the victim told police he was walking westbound across the 1300 block of Ohio at approximately midnight when he was struck above the ear with a projectile.

The victim then approached a group of men sitting on a nearby porch. When he saw an Airsoft pellet pistol in the men’s possession, he tried to grab it and was punched by one of the men. At that point, security staff from The Hawk, 1340 Ohio, broke up the fight and confiscated the pellet gun.

Police learned of the incident when Lawrence Memorial Hospital contacted authorities about 1:50 a.m.

The victim required stitches because of a punch to his face.

A 22-year-old man received a citation for battery and a 21-year-old KU student received citations for battery and shooting missiles.

Comments

Sagecasey 5 years, 3 months ago

I think you mean after 12am danemary and I agree.

Zachary Stoltenberg 5 years, 3 months ago

I didn't know it was just a citation to shoot missiles. I think it's time to break out my grenade launcher! ... It's just a citation;)

BrianR 5 years, 3 months ago

Well, sage, that depends what you eat for lunch :)

ddayot 5 years, 3 months ago

John Hamm 5 years, 3 months ago

Gee. I wonder if they (the perps) were students? LOL

misslawrence 5 years, 3 months ago

SHOOTING MISSLES?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? llmmmaaooooo

Eride 5 years, 3 months ago

"I didn't know it was just a citation to shoot missiles. I think it's time to break out my grenade launcher! … It's just a citation;)"

"shooting missles?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? llmmmaaooooo"

My response: ...............................

missile: an object (as a weapon) thrown or projected usu. so as to strike something at a distance

Alabamastreet 5 years, 3 months ago

Does this have something to do with the new cannon at football games?

RKLOG 5 years, 3 months ago

Education for the privileged is being put to such good use.

igby 5 years, 3 months ago

This is what's wrong with LPD. This pellet gun shooter should be in jail for agg. battery. Instead, they issue tickets to the victim of a serious crime for investigating who shot him. He gets battered as well. LPD did not protect or serve and failed to do so. Crimes like this, against anyone walking in public on a city sidewalk, being shot with a pellet gun is as serious as it gets. It's a fire arm that can injure a person for life.

Graczyk 5 years, 3 months ago

igby,

Unless I misread the article, the victim did not receive a citation. I think the 21 year old KU student who received the citation was the one who shot the airsoft gun.