Lawrence woman arrested after leading police on chase through town

No one injured during chase

September 18, 2009, 2:40 a.m. Updated September 18, 2009, 4:35 a.m.

A 25-year-old Lawrence woman was arrested after leading police on a car chase through town early Friday morning.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman, the incident began about 2 a.m. in the parking lot of Kwik Shop, 1714 W. 23rd St. The woman was driving erratically through the parking lot, which caught another officer's attention. The car the woman was driving had expired tags, so the officer attempted to make a routine traffic stop.

Sgt. Bordman said the woman refused to yield and drove away. The officer pursued the woman, who was reported to be in her early 20s, as she drove through multiple traffic signs. The woman was not driving at a high rate of speed, but continued to refuse to yield. The woman made her way onto the KU campus, driving faster than the posted speed limit. Another Lawrence Police Department officer set a spike strip in front of Strong Hall, 1450 Jayhawk Boulevard. The woman drove over the strip about 2:08 a.m., effectively deflating her tires.

Sgt. Bordman said the woman's vehicle slowed considerably after running over the spike strip and she was eventually stopped at 19th and Maine streets.

According to arrest logs, the woman was arrested for fleeing and attempting to elude officers, driving without insurance, having an open container in the vehicle, reckless driving and obstruction of legal procedure.

Follow LJWorld on Twitter

Comments

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

I don't know nothing about that but this here is what Momma and Daddy and Uncle Walt and Aunt Peg used to do right after WWII....I'm thinking that's why I gots Justin and Mark as cousins..plus me and all my sisters. These folks got swing....or something.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

It is just me or is anyone else thinking consumer in a dress and wig sounds kinda hot?

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Yeah....

the woodshed....

Tell 'em to leave the light on....

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

oh, and shadow..some of that thread..has been removed and disappeareded, so that's the condensed version, lol. Welcome to the woodshed.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

shadow, It will take you just this side of forever, but read this article and related posts. you almost have to read every post to make sense of it all, but for those of us involved it had tears in some of our eyes from laughing so hard. Yeah I know, makes some of us look a little.......

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

MD, that is almost cheating. Nobody ever sent me a copy of the play book. Nobody. Even when they realize we really can type and use the King's proper English when we chose to. But everybody likes the fun, everybody. First we have fun to please our father. Then we have fun to get the girls and...well never mind. I'm listening to the local high school football.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

shadow. 1. excellent post. you've made the first cut. 2. points? rofl. Let's head to the play book again, shall we? 3. throw seriousness out the window completely, then you shall everything will make sense. This is easier after booze, pain and a lack of sleep. Being over 29 really help.

speaking of over 29...jonas hasn't posted today....

shadowbox66044 4 years, 7 months ago

RoeDabble and autie, I'm not joking when i say this, I really do not understand anything you two are saying. Not only is it difficult to understand your typing skills, but I don't understand what points you two are making???

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Now I can tells you my uncle walt had him a sister over by Concordia ups in cloud county that had a bunch of kids back in the 60's. I heard momma talkin one time bout them and said we had cosins up that way and i was thinkin one of them was nameded after somthin like that. shawdowboxin you aint got no kin over that way do you? You might be one knows.

shadowbox66044 4 years, 7 months ago

I's figure if I's talks like tis, may bee's I's kan undastand sum of u foke's

lawdog 4 years, 7 months ago

You can view booking for Douglas County at:

It is public information.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm going to offer the theory that Ronda has had this planned all along.

She probably gathered all of her compromising photos of people and put the word out that she had a early guess in on the contest.

She then suggested that if more amazing events suddenly happened in Lawrence, the comment count would spike, and the likelihood of her oddly early time would be more likely to win, since other guesses would be far behind.

Think about it..the backhoe hitting the gas line..the woman driving...just wait. This weekend could be spectacular. Bring the pets inside and put on your helmets and flack jackets. Might want to pick up some junior mints and a couple of growlers on your way home.

;-)

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

cuzin auti i wuz cruzin thru the clunkrs lot back of the locle frod place an runned acrost this hear mity fien escort an if you cud wate for me to mak a midnite reckwassision i mite jus mak you a gud buy corse ther wil be shippin an hannlin chrges sinc it don' got no couch thats optshunnel an sinse it is rumered sank is in the naborhood i mite get her to brings it bye on the way bcak to witchyta but at thees prices it wont las long so yuo beter not think boutit to long or it be gone!

Shane Garrett 4 years, 7 months ago

Everybody sing.... Sha poopie, sha poopie, the girl is hard to get. Sha poopie, sha poopie, we will get her yet.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

ahh, oui Beatrice. “Les Nombreux Cousins Fous d'Autie””

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh there I go again with tongue in cheek. Bea, was it you last week that posted about the TV show, something about the wild adventure of Autie's crazy cousins? En le Francias? See that irony is cause we are all French. Much to the chagrin of one R (won't eat little thin pancakes) I.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Darn frenchies. Guess they don't shop at "Targét" for that very reason.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Im fraid them didnt mentiun what kinds of car she was a drivin but noed it werent none of my cosins cause them mostly of a time drivin escorts. That surprized me since none of us would drive a chevette, one of them french cars.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

autie, shouldn't the question to shadowbox have been, "You don't stay in much, do you?"

Heck, I'll cut shadowbox some slack for not knowing the history. Besides, I think most of us regulars probably are retarded to some degree, with some of us more retarded than others.

My only question about the story is, was it a Chevette?

skinny 4 years, 7 months ago

Chesseburger, Because the Lawrence Journal World doesn't print the local news. You'll have read the Topeka or Kansas City Star to find out what is happening in Lawrence!!! The information is public information and is given to the newspapers. THE LJWorld just refuses to print it or are selective in what they print.

cheeseburger 4 years, 7 months ago

Why wasn't the woman identified?

musbhiorlo 4 years, 7 months ago

as long as alcohol is available these types of things will happen

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

at least that wasn't a broken dip dots spoon...whew...

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

I did have to drove on a blowed up tire on time late at night with alcohol involved and didn't need no helipcopter but just hoped no one was callin no on else cause it was loud evrytime the broke piece comed around and hit on the bottom of the truck and it was late so I didnt fix it till tomoorow.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

aw, shucks

yer embarrassin'me....

shadowbox66044, fair but crude question...

A: Idon't thinks so, but how wood i know

possibly keyboard challenged?

Shane Garrett 4 years, 7 months ago

The above sentence structure was on purpose cuz, roe roe roe yur bote, waz all redy took.

Shane Garrett 4 years, 7 months ago

I am just glad there was no accident where a person had to be life-flighted to a hospital far away cause alcohol was involved.

consumer1 4 years, 7 months ago

as anyone can see if you mess with ROE you are messin with all of us. ROE is an awesome person. Just because you don't git. what he is saying. Confucious says. Don't throw rocks at Roes glass winders.

consumer1 4 years, 7 months ago

Yall can set yerself's to restin now. Thet wernt no woman that wus me a wearin a wig. I got busted fer driing wearing a dress an cummin from one them cross over party's. Jis a havin sum fun. So, dun't be too hard on me. Remember, this here town is diverse. Thank Ya.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

shadowbox, you don't get out much, do you? This thread and Roe's previous cut and paste is important in a historical context understood by some of the regulars. Besides don't be picking on someone who very well could be a cousin I never met or knowed about. And it is good to know the prospect of this one getting the I hate Obama/Reid/Pelosi etc or being hit with a Godwin are pretty slim. I appreciate that on Friday.

Practicality 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh man. If this woman's friends or relatives get on here to defend her, I want to change my guess for the 1000000th post to tomorrow @ 5:04 p.m. If this woman happens to have illiterate friends or relatives, my guess will be midnight. If there somehow is a Loveseat with someone's entire life savings stuffed into it plus illiterate friends/relatives plus a crappy blue ford escort, my guess will be today at noon.

shadowbox66044 4 years, 7 months ago

I bet she was just texting and had no clue the cops were trying to get her to pull over.

and also...

RoeDapple, are you retarded? Serious question.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh to recall the classics. now i have children to attend to an a husband to deal with.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

7 April 2009 at 1 p.m.

Suggest removal

Permalink Anonymous

sank4ever (Anonymous) says…

look this is done and i spoke with the journal world an they are watching the site and removing anything thats i ask them too, regardless of the true e hollywood story you idoits seem to think this is its truly no ones business, you can form our own opinions and how dare any of you talk crap about how we deal with our kids and this situation. you guys can make jokes and comments, but in reality its you all that have the problems. last a certainly not least i repeat, i stand by my husband i will be there for him and you guys may think hes a thug well think that he is my thug and hats off to all my thugs out there, i support you all too!! my husband my life our business!! thank you all for your comments an have yourself a great an blessed day. i shall pray for all of you!! now i have children to attend to an a husband to deal with. i think my husband is completely justified in everything and support it all.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

daddax, tongue in cheek? Well I think maybe that if yourn cosins was arrested youd think it difrent. Coorse it tong an cheeeks. Bad thing now is Roe wont get no knew couch thats brigt red to go with hisvelvet elvis wallhangers. Them spiked things will make all cosins thank too time and gets back to the wallmarks and gets more tireds for there Escorts taht our cheep cuase when them all goes flat you our not just up the creek yous is sank4ever.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

my bad i wont doit no moer i wil be too bizzy baling out the cuzin she shud hav nevr left witchyta cant talk boutit shes a good person an was jus tryng to git bak home. did she hav the new couch?

SofaKing 4 years, 7 months ago

Go Lawrence Police with your spike strips !

Went right by our house...if the sirens didn't wake us up, the sound of 4 flat tires @ 25 mph surely did.

Boosh 4 years, 7 months ago

Now RoeDapple yuu shud no bettor

“The World Company reserves the right to cancel or modify this contest at any time if commenters are abusing the commenting system or attempting to gain an improper advantage in the contest. World Company employees and their immediate family members are prohibited from entering this contest.”

Yes, I understand the terms and conditions as they've been laid out above.

No, I do not understand the terms and conditions.

daddax98 4 years, 7 months ago

autie i hope that post was tongue in cheek. I won't judge her but i will judge her actions.

Boosh 4 years, 7 months ago

i new i shuda bot doz Run Phlats. "Sgt. Bordman said the woman's vehicle slowed considerably after running over the spike strip..."

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh my...and on a Friday too. I am sure none of you people know the real story so just don't be jumpin to no conclusions. She is a good person that had just fallen on hard times and you shouldn't be judging her. I think I know who this is but it is early in the day so I can't talk bouit just yet. At least she wasn't driving too fast.

TopJayhawk 4 years, 7 months ago

Lots of folks up late tonight. Hello everyone!!

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

It's been a long time since 3-4 am has been so amusing around here. Careful now fellas, they'll stick in a new ad section.

redemption 4 years, 7 months ago

Yo jpreiner, I'm happy for you and i'mma let you finish, but KUweather had one of the worst correction posts ever!

That and you're a liar.

Curtis Lange 4 years, 7 months ago

lol @ roger making himself look like a 'tard.

jpreiner 4 years, 7 months ago

KUweather was correct. The story was updated since his post with the correct location. It was a Kwik Shop, not a Quik Trip.

roger_o_thornhill 4 years, 7 months ago

Alright weatherboy, you need to re-read the article because the store was Kwik Shop, and the person who wrote the article got it right. I suspect you shouldn't post after a night of drinking. What were you reading/drinking/smoking anyways?