Archive for Friday, September 18, 2009

Man pleads guilty to sexual charges

A 67-year-old Basehor man plead no contest to crimes of a sexual nature involving children. The man is set to be sentenced on October 15.

September 18, 2009

A 67-year-old Basehor man entered pleas Thursday in Leavenworth County District Court to soliciting and illegally touching children, Leavenworth County Attorney Todd Thompson said.

Dorsey H. Aldridge Jr. entered guilty pleas to two counts of aggravated solicitation of a child and a no-contest plea to one count of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.

Basehor police originated the investigation in late May.

Prosecutors accused Aldridge of trying to touch children as he permitted them to play in his yard or his residence and lured them there with treats. A 6-year-old girl reported to relatives that Aldridge touched her underneath her underwear when she was at his residence in Basehor, Thompson said.

A 10-year-old girl also said she saw Aldridge touch her friend and that he asked her to prove she was a girl by pulling down her pants. She refused.

A 7-year-old girl also reported to police that Aldridge asked her to pull down her pants, but she refused.

Aldridge is scheduled to return to court Oct. 15 for sentencing.

Comments

Christine Anderson 4 years, 7 months ago

I certainly agree our children should not be outside without our supervision. I mean, if it's the parents' own back yard, okay, but still, you've got to check out there every few minutes to be sure your kids are still okay. I take a lot of crap from my second ex-husband on this. He lets our autistic son stay in the books section of Hy Vee by himself. The child does not have the judgment skills to be alone, out of eyesight, ever! When I was 6, my mother let me ride my bike and walk all over our small town by myself. No one ever tried to harm me. But, that was a different era, and in a town of 775 people, where everyone knew everyone else, so you could safely do that. Now, when my sons go down the street to play with kids in the neighboring apt. complex, I'm there with them. Now about this miserable piece of cow manure who molested these kids. I love tbakers comment. Set his trial for a unique venue-Tehren! They wouldn't coddle him, that's for sure. And yes, when he goes to prison, make sure it's leaked why he's there. Gotta love inmate justice!

Christina Hoffman 4 years, 7 months ago

LadyJ, I almost spewed tea all over the laptop! I would so love to give them the Gibbs treatment! I just cant believe some parents, my all time favorite thing to hate is when parents are dressed in warm coats and pants but yet didn't think twice about their child who is in hardly nothing and no shoes. How about the 6 and 7 year olds riding their bikes with no supervision in the Hyvee parking lot.

LadyJ 4 years, 7 months ago

really_again, I don't doubt you at all, I have seen that and worse, it just amazes me. You sometimes wonder how long it would be before the parents come looking. Actually I've seen parents let their kids stay at a house for two days and not call about them. I've seen toddlers playing in the street in front of their house with nobody checking on them at all, and 5 yr olds walking several blocks home from school by themselves. And what about those parents walking in parking lots like Walmart with their 2yr old walking 25 to 30 feet behind them? It makes you want to go up to them and give them a Gibbs (NCIS) to the back of the head.

Christina Hoffman 4 years, 7 months ago

He will never be rehabilitated, so lets just shoot him now!

Christina Hoffman 4 years, 7 months ago

LadyJ we ask that question all the time about the kids in our neighbor hood. We have seen a 6 year old that lives 10 doors down from us come knock on our door to play with our children. We have never meet their parents but yet they are allowed to come into our home. After i make them go home and tell thier parents where they are at. My child is not allowed anywhere that i dont know the person they are with, or iam not with them. And dont get me started on all the kids playing out front with no supervision on our busy street, instead of in thier back yards.

Robert Kiefer 4 years, 7 months ago

It is a well known fact these people can not be re-habilitated. I agree w/tbaker extended stay in general population will teach this a$$ clown a lesson. I do have one question. 6 & 7 year girls playing unsupervised at a male neighbors house, Where are their parents?

bigdave 4 years, 7 months ago

Long prison sentence and monitoring costs way to much taxes!!! Shoot him in the back of the head!!!!

tbaker 4 years, 7 months ago

Following a lengthy stay in general population where he can receive the "attention" he deserves from the rest of the inmates, he needs to be castrated, and have a surgically implanted monitoring device as a condition of any future parole. I believe when you behave this way towards children, you forfeit all of your constitutional rights. He's lucky he wasn't caught doing this in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Ceallach 4 years, 7 months ago

LadyJ, that is exactly what I thought as I read the article!

The guy is obviously a perv and should be in jail, but where were the parents?

redmoonrising 4 years, 7 months ago

The innocence of childhood is so short, especially these days. Any adult who would molest a child and take that away is a pervert. Never could understand how an adult could find sexual gratification from a child. The worst are those who snatch kids, rape them and then kill them for a few minutes of their own pleasure. That they find the life of a child so insignificant is appalling. This guy may have never gone that far but it's possible and a good thing he is stopped now.

middlemgmt 4 years, 7 months ago

Yuck! I hope they can put him away for a long time. Max sentence for each count please!

LadyJ 4 years, 7 months ago

6 and 7 year olds playing unsupervised in someone elses yard?

Ashley Shoemaker 4 years, 7 months ago

for real, this is not somethin to mess around with, if all these little kids are saying this, he needs to be put AWAY

hipper_than_hip 4 years, 7 months ago

The state should execute him no later than 60 days after sentencing.

There's no place in our society for child molesters.