Topeka The Kansas Board of Regents approved freezing the salaries of the presidents of Emporia State, Fort Hays State, and Wichita State universities, and the regents president.
Board members said the decision was made because of the tight fiscal situation.
The salaries of the Kansas University chancellor, Kansas State president and Pittsburg State president were already set when those chief executives were hired this year.
Here are the public portion salary levels with the compensation cap in parentheses, which includes private dollars used to supplement the public portion up to that amount:
• KU Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little: $267,177 ($425,000)
• Kansas State President Kirk Schulz: $255,298 ($350,000)
• Wichita State President Don Beggs: $255,298 ($277,160)
• Emporia State President Michael Lane: $202,540 ($213,200)
• Fort Hays State University Ed Hammond: $202,593 ($223,860)
• Pittsburg State University Steve Scott: $202,593 ($213,200)
• Board of Regents President Reginald Robinson: $181,000 ($193,000)