Emergency crews responded Wednesday evening to a report of a structure fire at the Hallmark Cards production center, 101 McDonald Drive.
The fire occurred just before 10 p.m. when a sodium vapor light caught fire. The light was on the roof in the northwest corner of the building. Employees worked to douse the fire, which was completely extinguished by the time fire crews arrived according to Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical Chief Doug Green.
Green said no one was injured in the incident and that the fire had been contained to the light fixture itself. Damage was estimated to be $400.