Archive for Sunday, September 13, 2009

Atchison County couple reported missing

Authorities issue Silver Alert; request assistance locating Mary Lou and Billie Black

September 13, 2009

1990 Honda Civic -- similar to the vehicle of Mary Lou and Billie Black.

1990 Honda Civic -- similar to the vehicle of Mary Lou and Billie Black.

Billie "Bob" Black

Billie "Bob" Black

Mary Lou Black

Mary Lou Black

The Atchison County Sheriff's Office has issued a Silver Alert for assistance locating two people who were last seen Friday.

Mary Lou Black, a 72-year-old white female with Alzheimer's, is reported missing along with her husband, Billie "Bob" Black, a 74-year-old white male.

Mary Lou Black is 5-foot-1 and weighs 115 pounds, with grey hair and brown eyes. Billie "Bob" Black is 6-foot, 190 pounds, with grey hair and brown eyes.

The missing people have a blue four-door 1990 Honda Civic bearing Kansas license plate 605 AWX. The vehicle has a loud exhaust system and is missing clear coat on its exterior.

If you have any information on the location of Mary Lou Black or Billie "Bob" Black, please contact the Larry Myer with the Atchison County Sheriff's Office at (913) 367-4323.

Comments

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

fuel_for_the_fire 5 years, 3 months ago

How is this funny? Two people are missing and could be in dire need of help. Shame on you.

misslawrence 5 years, 3 months ago

How could you comment in such a way?? there are grandchildren missing their grandparents and all you have to say is "sure am glad the Black's are white?''...,you need to really change your name,.,.'teacher',.,..,.,and yes,,,I agree with fuel.,,.shame on you,.,.

Boeing 5 years, 3 months ago

Excellent to include pictures of them and the car. I hope this helps speed up finding them!

maxcrabb 5 years, 3 months ago

I hope they turn up unharmed.

To be fair, I saw the first three posts.

The first was completely unnecessary. The second was a link to a picture of a bunch of people face palming in response to the first post, and the third was an animated .gif that seemed to be an emotiocon slapping a fellow emotiocon, also aimed at the first post.

Did any of the three need to be included with the story? No. But I think teacher was the out of line comment, the other two just had questionable ways to respond.

Now, those responses would be better served on www.gizmodo.com or 4chan, but they weren't trying to be so clearly disrespect-able as teacher, the first commenter.

... overly opinionated explanation over.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 3 months ago

I didn't look at multi's link, but I agree with maxcrabb that jonas's post was directed toward "teacher" and not the subjects of this article.

Christine Anderson 5 years, 3 months ago

Very sad. What is the mental and medical health status of the husband? I ask because if he is also suffering from a type of dementia, I feel they are in even greater danger. Dear god, I hope they're found safe and sound.

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

Hey! What in the world did I do? There is no reason that my post should have been pulled at all, it violated no terms of service and in no way was trying to make light of the situation, it was a critique on a terribly inappropriate comment by teacher101 ahead of mine.

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

. . . and lawrenceguy, this situation is the same as the last, a response to an inappropriate response on an article. I find teacher101's frankly racist response on this article as stupid and offensive as I found your joking on a thread about rape.

/but whatever, we're both well known here now, and virtually everybody knows which one of us is the consummate troll.

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

I don't know, I suppose it can make sense from one point of view, but for us it makes us look like we were also making fun of this situation or something like that. If I'm going to tarnish whatever reputation I have on here, I'd rather deserve it.

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

/and seriously, why is teacher even Allowed to post on here anymore? This is not the first blatantly racist post, and then there was the stretch prior to the election where they pretended to stump for Obama in fake trollish fashion in order to make people that supported him seem immature and moral-less and racist. Their comment history shows an obvious fraud and troll.

/rrrrr. . . I gotta let this go. I've scraped about 5 hours of sleep in the last three days and my head is killing me. This isn't helping me tonight. . . .

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

on the emergency in the original article, some elderly shouldn't have driving privs!

*please! start frequent driving exams of people over 65!

I'm thinking Billie bob and his poor Mary lou maybe are just stuck in a farm road ditch somewhere dying of exposure!

it is terrible to have a spouse with forgetfulness and mental confusion.

my suspicion is that Billie Bob's been trying hard to be her caregiver, beyond his own capabilities.

praying for them!

I will say plainly, I was shocked. Teacher should've been TOSsed off a long time ago. but then when the blood and guts went on to Jonas and multi, well I sure wondered WTH!
sounds like admin overreaction on their two posts. further, I know Jonas has the character to never be poking fun at such a couple of elderly folk in trouble!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

Anybody got an update on them?

this is quite troubling.