University Bridge Club announces results of its Oct. 24 meeting, with hosts Ray and Myrna Ikenberry.
Blue winners were Bebe Huxtable, first; John Stark, second; Tom Waller, third; Alice Akin, fourth; and Steven Bogler, fifth.
Pink winners were Myrna Ikenberry, first; Joan VanNice, second; Cora Kuepker, third; Lois Liebert, fourth; and Ailene Bocquin, fifth.
The Trick or Treat Sectional Tournament began Friday and will continue through Sunday at the Lawrence Holidome, 200 McDonald Drive. The event will include costume contests with prizes, Halloween treats, special entertainment and more. Entry fees are: $10/session, extra $1 for non-American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) members, and $7 for (ACBL) members with fewer than 50 Master Points.
Today’s events include:
• Witches KOs (Sessions 1, 2 and 3): 9 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Goblin Stratified Pairs (Single Sessions): 1:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Black Cat 199er Pairs (Single Sessions with four table minimum): 1:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday’s events include:
• Ghosts and Goblins Swiss Teams (play through during lunch): 10 a.m. and TBA.
• Flight A/X Teams (0-3000, 3000+).
• Stratified B/C/D Teams (1000-2000, 500-1000, & 0-500).
• The Wednesday Afternoon Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on Oct. 21 was directed by Chris Lane. North-South winners were Judy Hildreth and Dianne Childs, first in A; Kent McCullough and John Fittell, second in A; Harry Shaffer and Mark Osborn, third in A; Lester Dalton and Mary Fenlon, fourth in A; Grant Sutton and Catherine Blumenfeld, first in B; Mary Treece and Madelyn Jenks, second in B; Chris Lane and Mona Bell, third in B; Patricia Lechtenberg and Jean Khatib, first in C; and Bebe Huxtable and Wanna Roszel, second in C.
East-West winners were Shirley Reese and Virginia Seaver, first in A; Paul Heitzman and David Piro, second in A; Eldon Herd and Shari Krentzel, third in A and first in B; Ann Thompson and Dick Shaffer, fourth in A, second in B, and first in C; and Carol Ball and Nita Scales, third in B and second in C.
• The Friday Afternoon Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on Oct. 23 was directed by Virginia Seaver. North-South winners were James Gunn and Ed Howard, first in A; Steven Vossler and Larry Weatherolt, second in A; Harry Shaffer and Grant Sutton, third in A; Lester Dalton and Mary Fenlon tied in fourth in A with Janice Hollowell and Jolene Andersen; Hollowell and Andersen, were also first in B and C; and Chris Lane and Mona Bell, second in B.
East-West winners were Virginia Seaver and Jeane Landry, first in A; Shirley Reese and Lois Clark, second in A and first in B; Jack Flickinger and Dick Shaffer, third in A, second in B, and first in C; Jay Hildreth and Judy Hildreth, fourth in A; and Gary Joyce and Clarice Broz, third in B and second in C.
The Monday Evening Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on Oct. 26 was directed by Virginia Seaver. North-South winners were Kent McCullough and John Fittell, first in A; Clyde Romer and Steven Phelps, second in A and first in B; Vince Nordberg and Jim Stewart, third in A, second in B, and first in C; and Ed Howard and Bill Allen, fourth in A.
East-West winners were James Masilamani and Donna Johnson, first in A; Lois Clark and Craig Huneke, second in A, first in B and C; Eldon Herd and Shari Krentzel, third in A and second in B; and Dave Chipman and Grant Sutton, fourth in A.