Archive for Friday, October 23, 2009

Suspect in Kansas City, Kan., home invasion taken into custody in North Lawrence

A person wanted in connection with a home invasion in Kansas City, Kan., where two of the suspects were shot was apprehended Friday morning in North Lawrence.

October 23, 2009

One of four people wanted in connection with a home invasion in Kansas City, Kan., during which two of the four suspects were shot, was apprehended Friday morning in North Lawrence.

Lawrence police department spokeswoman Kim Murphree said Lawrence police were called about 8:20 a.m. to assist Kansas City, Kan., police on the call at Burger King, 1100 N. Third St.

Murphree said Kansas City, Kan., police received information that the suspect, a juvenile, was on a bus from a Schlagle High School headed from Kansas City to Manhattan. Kansas City, Kan., police alerted the school district, which then alerted the bus driver. The driver pulled off Interstate 70 in North Lawrence. The bus was evacuated and the suspect was taken into custody. No weapon was found on the bus.

Kansas City, Kan., police department spokesman Officer Troy Rice said the person apprehended Friday in Lawrence was the fourth suspect in a home invasion that occurred Thursday afternoon in Kansas City, Kan.

Rice said the other three suspects were taken into custody Thursday in Kansas City, Kan. Two of them were shot during the incident and were apprehended when they sought medical treatment.

Kansas Highway Patrol and Douglas County Sheriff's deputies also assisted in the apprehension.

Comments

hail2oldku 5 years, 3 months ago

come on consumer1, you're smarter than that. He's going back to KCK, that means Wyandotte County.

runescapeman 5 years, 3 months ago

i have a few things to say 1. stop putting those stupid prarie band advertisments on the vidios! they are annoying! 2. who breaks into a house then goes to burger king??

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 3 months ago

I would like to see more home invasions result in the perps getting shot up. Once word gets around that it ain't worth the risk, they will end.

sugarmagnolia 5 years, 3 months ago

runescapeman, can you not read? this isn't a case of someone robbing a house and then willingly / immediatley following going to burger king

areyouserious 5 years, 3 months ago

The video does a fabulous job of showing how it all went down........................................

LJW - Do you have a quota for the amount of videos you have to post to justify the advertising dollars from Prairie Band?...................................c'mon this is weak

Mike Wagner 5 years, 3 months ago

This video falls under the "day late, dollar short" catagory.

lounger 5 years, 3 months ago

So this guy has NOTHING at all to do with Lawrence. ITs just sensationalism on the part of the media to use Lawrence in the Headline because the kid was arrested here In route to Manhattan (from K.C.).

nobody1793 5 years, 3 months ago

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 3 months ago

I'm Crazy Allow me to amaze thee They say I'm ugly But it just don't phase me

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 3 months ago

Gotta pat the police on the back once in a while...they need love too.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 3 months ago

I'll eat up all ya crackers and ya licorice!

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 3 months ago

hey fat girl, come here are you tickilish? Yeah, I called you fat, look at me I'm skinny It never kept me from gettin' busy I'm a freak, I like the girls with a boom.....

acg 5 years, 3 months ago

The humpty dance is your chance, do the hump...

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 3 months ago

I'm sick with this Straight gangsta mack but sometimes I get ridiculous See Ricky_Vaughn @ 12:26

local_support 5 years, 3 months ago

"come on consumer1, you're smarter than that."

Naahh.....

Jonathan Kealing 5 years, 3 months ago

In regards to the video, we wanted to show people what the scene looked like but we also were challenged by not wanting to identify any juveniles who were on the bus. That eliminated a lot of the shots we could have used.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

password 5 years, 3 months ago

so was this home invader in high school? why was he on a Schlagle bus going to manhattan? so he breaks in - his bros get shot, he runs, he then goes to school and gets on a bus to go to Manhattan. For what... a Glee competition? FFA contest? Sports event?

matix 5 years, 3 months ago

matix 5 years, 3 months ago

I get laid by the ladies, ya know I'm in charge...

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

"the whopper virgins have spoken."

so, do BurgerKing or Lawrence/Douglas County get to charge KCK for the use of our space in arresting little thuggy?

they called the bus driver and told him/her to pull off there.
"okay kids! its whoppers for *everybody!" gotta do something so little thuggy doesn't get suspicious?

boothillbilly 5 years, 3 months ago

Guess this just goes to show that if you're black, you're a guilty "Thuggy" until proven innocent, eh bearded_gnome? Does anybody know why they were going to Manhattan? Does anyone know how the arrest actually went down? Or is this just idle speculation by people with too much time and not enough information?

LiberalDude 5 years, 3 months ago

My guess is that the "suspect" attends Schlagle HS. I bet the bus was for Schlagle students on a school sponsored college visit to K-State.