The Kansas board of Regents rescinded its policy banning the sale of cigarettes to state school campuses, including Kansas University. Anti-smoking forces were quite upset by the move and said they would institute new actions to get the ban reinstated.
40 years ago: Ban on campus cigarette sales rescinded
October 17, 2009
More like this story
- Statehouse Live: Regents to discuss banning cigarette sales on campuses
- Kansas Regents considering banning tobacco sales on campuses
- 40 years ago: Campus cigarette sales back in business
- Chancellor says banning cigarette sales on campus in line with KU values
- 100 years ago: Fraternity reinstated, exonerated in matter of 'keg party'