Archive for Saturday, October 10, 2009

Two transported to hospital after Massachusetts Street accident

Both suffer non-life-threatening injuries

Two KU students were transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after being involved in a car accident in the 1800 block of Massachusetts street.

October 10, 2009

Two KU students were transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries early Saturday morning after a two-vehicle accident on Massachusetts Street.

Lawrence Police Sgt. Susan Hadl said officers came across the scene of the accident about the same time the call was made to Douglas County dispatchers regarding the incident. Hadl said at about 2:09 a.m. Saturday, seven KU students were involved in a motor vehicle accident in the 1800 block of Massachusetts Street.

One vehicle, a red Pontiac, was described heading southbound on Massachusetts Street. The vehicle was occupied by three men, all KU students in their early 20s. The driver of the Pontiac was attempting to turn into the Kwik Shop, 1846 Mass., when the vehicle hit a car heading northbound on the same street.

Hadl said the second vehicle was a Volkswagen Beetle occupied by four KU students, two men and two women.

The driver of the Volkswagen and one of her passengers, both 19 years old, were injured in the accident. Both were transported by ambulance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after receiving treatment at the scene.

Hadl said alcohol was not a contributing factor in the accident. It was determined the driver of the Pontiac was at fault, failing to yield the right-of-way. He received a citation in relation to the incident.

Comments

Soap 4 years, 9 months ago

Does anyone remember on Growing Pains that one kid's name was "Boner"?? Haha..

kansasfire911 4 years, 9 months ago

thebcman- That only took 29 minutes. You also forgot all the "Must've been a drunk Topkean thug" even though it says alcohol was not a factor.

puddleglum 4 years, 9 months ago

You can tell they weren't from topeka, because they were 'caught'..

Outwest 4 years, 9 months ago

Ah, I can start my day now. I've read Roger's one and only thought...

redmoonrising 4 years, 9 months ago

You have to wonder if he spends his whole day, every day, obsessing about LifeStar.

Outwest 4 years, 9 months ago

It's easy to obsess when your IQ only allows one thought on any given story...

KEITHMILES05 4 years, 9 months ago

Was the Beetle "crushed like a dove"?

gsxr600 4 years, 9 months ago

228.... oh rightttt. Did an online quiz tell you that gilchrist?

alm77 4 years, 9 months ago

228 is actually the highest IQ ever recorded. Marilyn vos Savant is in the Guinness Book of World records for having that exact score.

I guess what I'm saying is, Roger, I don't believe you.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 9 months ago

My weight is actually 172. My brother and I stay in very good shape for our ages by riding our bikes and staying active. Maybe you should try it beo. Beo,

---"active" means hitting Allstars, a lot?

some day, Roger, take that pesky nail outa your head.

"228" LMAO, falling outofchair!

suppose Yellowhouse is really to blame? article said officers came upon accident quickly...probably in the area already. conspiracy..you kno!

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

Pywacket: My IQ be actually 222, I admit I'm not the bests. I spents my time in the gifteds class, we read books. I also throws the foosball, and gonna meaks alot money soon when Iplay pros. What say you an me go steppin out sometimes?

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

Also, I 6 fut 3, 195s. Looks like moovy star.

John Spencer 4 years, 9 months ago

115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students) 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students) 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals) 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors) 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners) 165-179 - High genius 180-200 - Highest genius

200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

John Spencer 4 years, 9 months ago

On the contrary, it makes you a memeber of the ID-10-t organization. How can you know the measure of something unmeasureable?

RoeDapple 4 years, 9 months ago

of al the cuzins i gots the hyest eye-q them poeple what testted us in thrid graed says mine was immmesser.... imressab....they sed it wuz alot for my side of the flammilly tre but i dont let it goes to my hed or nuthin an whin i gratuate frum forfth graed i thank i wil go to kape crannnapple an be a rokket sientoligisst like sum of them moovy strars is an... an.... uh...

what wuz the questhion?

kewlb 4 years, 9 months ago

why is it that the same people have to comment so much that the topic they are commenting about becomes irrelevent and all about them arguing between themselves ? grow up and get lives,u people are stupid....

sparky1958 4 years, 9 months ago

not_dolph 4 years, 9 months ago

Weird, I didnt know that the President's IQ was 155-164. I would have pegged him much lower than that.