Applying for college? Here’s some advice from the book “Get Into College” (Hundreds of Heads Books, www.hundredsofheads.com, $17.95), straight from people who’ve done it:
Make a box or dedicate a desk drawer to college admissions materials.
Label a manila folder for each school to which you plan to apply. Use it to hold:
• All snail mail and brochures the school sends
• Important names and contact information
• Printed e-mail correspondence you have with a school
• A list of all deadlines and required essays.
• Financial aid forms
On a large wall calendar write:
• Actual deadlines for all schools and sections of the applications
• Personal deadlines (weeks before the actual ones) to spread out your work.