Archive for Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lawrence woman arrested after making threats with box cutter

Two others arrested on other charges after west Lawrence incident

October 6, 2009

A 63-year-old Lawrence woman was arrested Monday night on charges of aggravated assault after an altercation in west Lawrence.

According to Lawrence Police, the suspect became engaged in an argument with people in the 500 block of Eldridge Street. After the intoxicated woman threatened victims with a box cutter, she was locked out of the residence and arrested.

Police arrested two others in connection with the incident: A 20-year-old Lawrence man on charges of domestic battery and a juvenile on charges of obstruction of legal procedure.

The suspects were arrested between 11:30 p.m. and 11:55 p.m. Monday.

Comments

grimpeur 5 years, 5 months ago

That's a rough neighborhood out there.

RobertMarble 5 years, 5 months ago

This shouldn't be possible; according to most of the liberal bed-wetters who post on LJworld, 2nd Amendment rights / firearms are the source of all evil in the universe. And of course the liberals are NEVER wrong about anything....

OzChicklet 5 years, 5 months ago

Thank you RobertMarble. You and your comments are another outstanding example of a right-wing nut spewing stupidity.

randysavage 5 years, 5 months ago

autie (Anonymous) says… I just hate it when I get locked out of the house after a round of chasing folks up and down the street with a box cutter. Especially if I left the cheap vodka in the house.

fyp

Stuart Evans 5 years, 5 months ago

i bet the holidays are joyful at their house.. from Granny all the way to juveniles, everyone goes to jail!

RobertMarble 5 years, 5 months ago

Thank you oz, your reply is another example of an inbred idiot who has a tantrum when confronted by a differing opinion. Judging by your overly emotional & venemous reply I suspect this incident involved your family members. Perhaps you should seek counseling to work through this. Good luck!

ylime3499 5 years, 5 months ago

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it" or something like that (too lazy to look it up)

beawolf 5 years, 5 months ago

RobertMarble (Anonymous) says…

"Perhaps you should seek counseling to work through this"....

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

emptymind 5 years, 5 months ago

Liberal bed-wetters? I suspect RobertMarble got beat up at school a lot and had his lunch money stolen. Then he went home, got his cap gun, and shot the cat.

julz 5 years, 5 months ago

Wondered what was going on outside last night. Seven cop cars and the paddy wagon. There goes the neighborhood.

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 5 months ago

Maybe this lady was just trying to get her bags back.

ClaroAtaxia 5 years, 5 months ago

RobertMarble,

I think you lost your marbles. Your posts are overly emotional and venomous today. Is everything alright? You seem to like classifying people as either "liberal" or not, you then grouped the term "liberal" with people who are against second amendment rights. I think you need to look into the fallacies of stereotyping. Of course there are anti-gun rights people who are also 'liberal', but to say all 'liberals' are against guns is an illogical statement. Since you like stereotyping so much, I'll bet $10 you are a social conservative (not the smart kind, a libertarian) and dumb enough to go to Church every morning and 'tithe' out of fear for your "eternal soul". Maybe you should go watch more Glenn Beck instead of making yourself look like a hate-filled moron on LJ-World.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 5 months ago

"according to most of the liberal bed-wetters who post on LJworld, 2nd Amendment rights / firearms are the source of all evil in the universe"

deadly potential of boxcutter ≠ deadly potential of handgun

deadly range of boxcutter: arm's length deadly range of handgun: hundreds of yards

I own a firearm. It's not the same as a boxcutter; and I'm not a liberal (and my bedwetting isn't nearly as bad as it once was).

puddleglum 5 years, 5 months ago

wrong liberals....right right wingers. fox sez so.

bankboy119 5 years, 5 months ago

Claro,

Are you saying only dumb people go to church and tithe?

MoparGuy 5 years, 5 months ago

Won't be doing any trick or treating down that street this Halloween...

beawolf 5 years, 5 months ago

lawrenceguy40 (Anonymous) says…

"Robert - you know as well as I do, that when faced with reason and common sense, liberals have no answer other than to resort to child-like name calling. Not surprising, most are just overgrown kids….."

I highly suggest you re-read most of Robert's posts. I don't think there is anyone (well, perhaps yourself) who is more childish than he. Liberal or conservative. Some people are just idiots, political persuasion aside.

beatrice 5 years, 5 months ago

Robert really is obsessed with bed-wetting! He really, really is! Every time he posts on here he is calling liberals "bed-wetters." I wonder if there is a medical term for people who combine their gun fantasies with a bed-wetting fetish? If not, we should call it Marble-syndrome.

lg40, did you not notice that in a story about some drunk old gal running amuk with a box cutter, Robert went off unprovoked on a little gun rant and instantly started with the name-calling? Is this really who you are alligning your views with and are suggesting is the voice of reason? Really?

Boris, I don't know what you are talking about. This is my first post on this story.

RobertMarble 5 years, 5 months ago

RobertMarble 5 years, 5 months ago

now back to the point...considering the exaggerated & constant hysterics from the anti Constitution crowd / non thinkers on here- ( py, oz, bozo, etc, ), it's amazing they would even recognize that violence can be implemented by anything other that those 'scary evil firearms'. And wow, what a reaction when that's pointed out to them haha....you ladies should definitely try to get those emotions under control. face it girls- if you're going to continually post regurgitated party line & be a living stereotype, you're going to get called on it. No amount of staged, self righteous indignation or bluster will change that.

Sulla 5 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, I'd be terrified of an old lady with a box cutter too.LOL! I think whoever called the Pole-leese on her needs to go to jail for being a wuss. Like someone else said, she was probably just some drunk old bag who needed her vodka back(or was it scotch? I bet it was McCormick).

bearded_gnome 5 years, 5 months ago

had to look at the booking report because there's one woman, often drunk, in this town fully capable of this and far more!
was surprised to see some other helleon instead of the one I suspected.
agree w/the above, the holidays will be so memorable this year for this family.
hey, Lawrence is crying out for its own reality TV show, I think we've got the stars for it!

beatrice 5 years, 5 months ago

Robert, did you notice that you are the only one going on about guns? This is a story about a loon with a small, sharp blade who didn't kill anyone.

Despite your claim, I don't believe anyone has ever - EVER - written that people couldn't be harmed by something other than a gun. Not here, nor anywhere else. Nobody has ever written this.

However, one might point out that the drunk old gal was locked out of a home and thus was unable to harm those inside. Why? Because she had a box cutter, not a gun! Clearly, a gun in the wrong hands can be far more dangerous than a box-cutter. Have you ever heard of a drive-by box cutting?

Your rant and bed-wetting fantasies prove that you are completely out of touch with what any real argument might be against the liberal approach to gun laws that you prefer. Further, you imagine arguments against guns where none exist -- as in this story. You are the only one talking about guns in earnest -- thus you actually are the only one behaving as a stereotype: the typical gun nut.

Now go ahead and call me a bed-wetter. That will really hurt my feelings. Then make sure the weapon under you pillow is loaded, because tonight might just be the night when the boogie man comes to get you!

RobertMarble 5 years, 5 months ago

uh bea? you're the one going on & on. I've made only one comment on the subject. I know it's bad form to bother you with facts when you're busy with petty insults but get real, sweety. ...as a matter of fact, re-read your own postings- you've mentioned the subject several more times than I have.....oops, I just used another fact, I know that's not considered fair play where you're concerned. By the way, aren't you a bit overdue to start slinging racial accusations again?...better luck next time, bea :)