Archive for Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fourth man charged in robberies of delivery drivers

October 6, 2009

A fourth man, suspected in two recent robberies of local delivery drivers, has been charged in Douglas County District Court with two counts of aggravated robbery.

Billy Kernizant, 22, Lawrence, was booked into the Douglas County Jail Monday afternoon.

The charges stem from the robbery of a 25-year-old Pizza Shuttle delivery driver on Wednesday and a 19-year-old Jimmy John’s delivery driver Sept. 26.

Three other men -- Randall Lewis, of El Dorado, and Royjamian Haulcy and Robert Howard, both of Lawrence, were charged earlier in connection with the robberies.

Comments

The_Voice_of_Reason 4 years, 6 months ago

Hey Eride... It is a first degree felony, unless the officer who told me that when it happened to me one time was wrong...

ralphralph 4 years, 6 months ago

PS - Of course they'll get probation. If you want to rape children and get probation, you do it in Topeka. If you want to shoot at people and get probation, you do it in Lawrence. Sad, but true. Anybody going to stand up to the lily-livered judges doing this? Didn't think so. On it goes ...

ralphralph 4 years, 6 months ago

Royjamian sounds like a violation of KU Athletics' trademark.

TheGreatSantini 4 years, 6 months ago

It takes four dudes to rob a pizza man? Weak.

bliddel 4 years, 6 months ago

Excuse me... the story only says these four men were charged. They have not been found guilty by a jury of their peers. Until then, I do wish people would refrain from assuming guilt. It makes it much harder to find an impartial jury.

If they are convicted, then we can discuss how we'd like to dismember them and barbecue the pieces... or whatever.

flux 4 years, 6 months ago

This is a serious crime, please treat it that way. BTW ....I like the idea of less Texans

Eride 4 years, 6 months ago

"The_Voice_of_Reason (Anonymous) says... Hey Cassieo, being involved in Ag robbery, whether he had the gun or not is still Ag robbery, a first degree felony."

I'm not sure where you got that from, aggravated robbery is a level 3 person felony not level 1.

newsreader 4 years, 6 months ago

how much do you think they all got after splitting this $$ 4 ways? Like 40 bucks?

ha... nice...

The_Voice_of_Reason 4 years, 6 months ago

Hey Cassieo, being involved in Ag robbery, whether he had the gun or not is still Ag robbery, a first degree felony. Sure he didn't kill anyone but what if they slap him on the wrist and he goes out and does kill someone?? Maybe spending a few years looking over his shoulder while he showers will deter him from being stupid again. Furthermore why don't you think about the guys he was involved with robbing?? Did they deserve to get a gun pointed at them while their just trying to do their jobs and make a living??

P.S. Think what type of punishment you'd want for them if they did what they did to you...

gsxr600 4 years, 6 months ago

So now LJW will allow mention the name "Royjamian" in a comment? In the initial story, my comment was removed for this reason. I'm sure someone will jump in and right my wrong by explaining why I can't simply regurgitate what is clearly public information to begin with.

-Nobody is a minor here. -I didn't mention a last name -Did I mention this is public information to begin with?

Policy this, policy that, blah blah blah

cassieo6 4 years, 6 months ago

Some people get caught up in the wrong crowd of people and do bad things. I personally know Billy so I do hope he only gets probation for the simple reason that HE HAS NEVER DONE OR BEEN INVOLVED WITH STUFF LIKE THIS BEFORE. I am not ashamed to know him. He did do something wrong by being there but he didnt have the gun in his hand. He didnt kill anyone so i say give him probation...!!!!

p.s. hate on that!

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 6 months ago

We need a poll..do you think these guys will get probation or jail time?

In fact, we should have that on each of the crimes now, since Lawrence seems to be becoming a 'no fault zone'..maybe a blog for guesses. T shirts to the winner who guesses the correct time sentenced.

slowplay 4 years, 6 months ago

been_there (Anonymous) says… "If Haulcy had committed this in Texas where he came from, he would get more than the slap on the wrist he will get here."

I agree. Considering that Texas leads the nation in executions. There is an upside to that though........fewer Texans.

Beer Guy 4 years, 6 months ago

I bet they will name a few parks after these "heroes" like the new one their building now in east Lawrence.

igby 4 years, 6 months ago

King: The driver got probation, not the shooter.

StrangerCreek 4 years, 6 months ago

So they go to court and get probation right? I mean, how do they expect to stop all this if all they get is probation. That cat that leaned out the window and shot into the crowd at 14th and Ohio got probation. You shoot people and get probation? No wonder Lawrence is getting so bad. It's just stupid!

been_there 4 years, 6 months ago

redfred 4 years, 6 months ago

Cooonrod - DUI is a violent crime. More people have probably been killed by drunk drivers than armed robbers.

Wichitan 4 years, 6 months ago

Yet another suspect from good old Goddard High School, I am ashamed to have graduated from there. Nice guy, but you know when you make the choice to threaten someones life with a gun, Yes I agree it should be a mandatory jail Sentence.

Brian Conrad 4 years, 6 months ago

this is Kansas...HANG EM HIGH! have posted many times... we have stupid pot laws .. Mandatory sentences.. TIME for mandatory sentences for the real criminals. quit filing jails with DUI and pot offenders and make plenty of room for violent weapon using offenders. first offense with weapon mandatory JAIL!! PERIOD!!!

maxcrabb 4 years, 6 months ago

Sorry hujiko, no luck here.

But hey! Way to go LPD!

hujiko 4 years, 6 months ago

who here remembers The Vinegar Gang?