Archive for Saturday, November 28, 2009

Woman sees image of Jesus on her iron

November 28, 2009

— A Massachusetts woman who recently separated from her husband and had her hours cut at work says an image of Jesus Christ she sees on her iron, pictured above, has reassured her that “life is going to be good.”

Mary Jo Coady first noticed the image Sunday when she walked into her daughter’s room. The brownish residue on the bottom of the iron looks like the face of a man with long hair.

The 44-year-old Coady was raised Catholic. She and her two college-age daughters agree that the image looks like Jesus and is proof that “he’s listening.”

Comments

mrsbeasley 4 years, 4 months ago

Naw, it was frost. And to those who might think our comments are mean...we (most of us) are not dissing Jesus, and Mary... we are dissing people who take advantage of other people. seeing jesus on a piece of toast, or on an iron, etc...is most likely a ploy to make money from someone who will buy it...IMO.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

Roe, I will not admit the sounds you elicited from me with those.But I will admit, some were more bar worthy than ladylike.

Py, I do believe the proper action to take in those matters is to call the spouse and instruct them to retrieve said specimen with a shoe horn, and ahve them then set it out in the garden to dry before creating a shrine.

RoeDapple 4 years, 4 months ago

Not commenting... just here to fuel discussion...

;-)

Pywacket 4 years, 4 months ago

Haha, MrsBeasley--that wasn't frost, it was frozen sparrow poop from parking under a tree!

Roe~ You have outdone yourself. Personally, I see Frank Zappa in most of those images. Y'all can see whomever you want.

mrsbeasley 4 years, 4 months ago

Pywacket, you heathen. Jesus would never appear in a toilet. Shame on you.

I myself, onetime, thought I saw Him (or Mary) in the frost on the back window of my car, but it melted before I could take a picture. Rats.

Newell_Post 4 years, 4 months ago

I once thought I saw John the Baptist in my 8-iron. Maybe that's why I hit into the water hazards all the time....

porch_person 4 years, 4 months ago

Duane had the most wicked tone.

Pywacket 4 years, 4 months ago

What a coincidence! Just this morning, I turned around and beheld what appeared to be a perfect image of Jesus. Knowing that I could make big bucks selling it on eBay and shopping my story to the media, I hesitated...

Should I? or would selling it be crass and disrespectful?

The money was very tempting..... But then I thought, "WWJD"?

So, I flushed.

thebcman 4 years, 4 months ago

Ever since I was a little child, I've had a very strange reoccurring dream where I see Lucille Ball's face very clearly in cloud-to-cloud lightning in a ferocious thunderstorm.

Long Live Saint Lucy! http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/59/e/AAAACy6hkOoAAAAAAFnmDw.jpg?v=1246905610000

Fixed_Asset 4 years, 4 months ago

Honestly, Irish. You set yourself up to be distressed by coming here. I would imagine, after reading a couple of your blogs, the reason few post there has less to do with your faith than it does to do with your writing style. Your blogs don't make much sense and do little to tittilate. Big girl panties - if you have them, wear them!

Beer Guy 4 years, 4 months ago

Why does everyone think Jesus is some blond blue eye caucasian that looks like a pretty version of Rob Zombie?

beobachter 4 years, 4 months ago

A nut is a nut, usually however they are religious nuts

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 4 months ago

I am very disgusted at the comments on this blog. I will know better and stay totally away from some subjects knowing that I am going to be distressed. I can anticipate what you all are thinking of this comment and so I don't have to go back and read it. I am proud of being a Catholic Christian and nothing can ever change that. I guess I can also guess why no one makes a comment on my blogs but that is okay. I enjoy writing so I will keep on writing just for the fun of it.

geekin_topekan 4 years, 4 months ago

That ain't Jesus, that's Rob Zombie!!

Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling Police>Should that be a semi-colon instead of a comma?

workinghard 4 years, 4 months ago

I seem to remember someone getting a lot of money for a grilled cheese sandwich with the image of Jesus on it. I bet she has already gotten lots of offers for it, her money troubles could temporarily be solved.

kubsdrvr 4 years, 4 months ago

And Jesus said unto her "Press on, my child, press on"

RoeDapple 4 years, 4 months ago

bea sighting!!!! YAAAYYYYYY!!!

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

She's BACK !!!

And FTW !!!!

(you just came back in time, I was going to blog for them to possible post reasons why you had left, to maybe make you laugh hard enough to come back! )

Good to see you back Bea!

beatrice 4 years, 4 months ago

It is the Mona Lisa. Praise Leonardo!

Here is the best Jesus sighting ever: http://wheresdajesus.com/dajesus/?p=33

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 4 months ago

Good one, Multi, steamed, I like it. Sorry, I went ahead and wrote a blog on this subject. Your turn now, also Roe, it would be interesting as we would all have a different take on it. Thanks for giving me an idea for a blog!

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

Roe, I was going to do blog on this one, was waiting for a bit of time to pass. Had I know you'd be so into it,I would have passed along my list of blog ideas to you as you suggested!

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

all the power of god, and he would choose to appear as a scorch pattern? Wouldn't that be more indicative of satan?

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

I just had an image of BS in my newspaper

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

That's not Jesus,

that Dumbledore...

and he's flat out steamed about that gay thing!

:ba dum ching:

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

Calliope877 (Anonymous) says…

Oh, for the love of…

...a freshly press button down? ~~~

kugrad 4 years, 4 months ago

That's not Jesus, it's the bass player from Steppenwolf. Sorry Lady.

quantrellraider 4 years, 4 months ago

she saw Jack...............................Daniels........

georgiahawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Tom, yes you can see Elizabeth Reed's grave there and also the crypt where they had their picture taken for Idlewood South, I believe. The whole cemetery is on hills and there are crypts built in the 1800's built into the side of hills. Very, very cool, easily as cool as St. Bonaventure in Savannah. While we were there, there were people from all over the country visiting the grave site. Duane and Berry are still cool! Macon, easily one of the most politically inept cities in the whole world finally made Capricorn Studios an historic site. The last time I saw it, it was boarded up and abandoned.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 4 years, 4 months ago

Modern, wrinkle-resistant "fabrics" are the work of the Devil.

barrypenders 4 years, 4 months ago

This is unprecedented!

Stimulus and Posercare lives unprecedented

Darwin bless you all

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 4 months ago

Sounds cool georgiahawk. Didn't they both die in motorcycle accidents? Duane hit a peach truck, hence the "Eat a Peach" album. Dickie Betts got the inspiration for "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" off a gravestone in that cemetery.

georgiahawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Speaking of Barry Oakley, I finally paid homage to Duane and Barry by going to their grave sites. Definitely one of the coolest cemeteries I have ever been to. If anybody is ever in the Macon area, stop by to pay homage and spend the day in the graveyard. It is easy to see why they hung out there getting high.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 4 months ago

No, it's definitely Barry Oakley, the deceased bassist from The Allman Bros. Band.

jonas_opines 4 years, 4 months ago

That's not Jesus, that's Gandalf.

BigPrune 4 years, 4 months ago

I think Jesus is listening. He's saying to turn the iron down from "high" when ironing rayon. God Bless

BrianR 4 years, 4 months ago

Roe, that is clearly the guy from the Doobie Brothers.