Archive for Saturday, November 28, 2009

Woman sees image of Jesus on her iron

November 28, 2009

— A Massachusetts woman who recently separated from her husband and had her hours cut at work says an image of Jesus Christ she sees on her iron, pictured above, has reassured her that “life is going to be good.”

Mary Jo Coady first noticed the image Sunday when she walked into her daughter’s room. The brownish residue on the bottom of the iron looks like the face of a man with long hair.

The 44-year-old Coady was raised Catholic. She and her two college-age daughters agree that the image looks like Jesus and is proof that “he’s listening.”

Comments

BrianR 5 years, 1 month ago

Roe, that is clearly the guy from the Doobie Brothers.

BigPrune 5 years, 1 month ago

I think Jesus is listening. He's saying to turn the iron down from "high" when ironing rayon. God Bless

georgiahawk 5 years, 1 month ago

Speaking of Barry Oakley, I finally paid homage to Duane and Barry by going to their grave sites. Definitely one of the coolest cemeteries I have ever been to. If anybody is ever in the Macon area, stop by to pay homage and spend the day in the graveyard. It is easy to see why they hung out there getting high.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 1 month ago

Modern, wrinkle-resistant "fabrics" are the work of the Devil.

georgiahawk 5 years, 1 month ago

Tom, yes you can see Elizabeth Reed's grave there and also the crypt where they had their picture taken for Idlewood South, I believe. The whole cemetery is on hills and there are crypts built in the 1800's built into the side of hills. Very, very cool, easily as cool as St. Bonaventure in Savannah. While we were there, there were people from all over the country visiting the grave site. Duane and Berry are still cool! Macon, easily one of the most politically inept cities in the whole world finally made Capricorn Studios an historic site. The last time I saw it, it was boarded up and abandoned.

quantrellraider 5 years, 1 month ago

she saw Jack...............................Daniels........

kugrad 5 years, 1 month ago

That's not Jesus, it's the bass player from Steppenwolf. Sorry Lady.

Stuart Evans 5 years, 1 month ago

I just had an image of BS in my newspaper

Stuart Evans 5 years, 1 month ago

all the power of god, and he would choose to appear as a scorch pattern? Wouldn't that be more indicative of satan?

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 1 month ago

Good one, Multi, steamed, I like it. Sorry, I went ahead and wrote a blog on this subject. Your turn now, also Roe, it would be interesting as we would all have a different take on it. Thanks for giving me an idea for a blog!

beatrice 5 years, 1 month ago

It is the Mona Lisa. Praise Leonardo!

Here is the best Jesus sighting ever: http://wheresdajesus.com/dajesus/?p=33

kubsdrvr 5 years, 1 month ago

And Jesus said unto her "Press on, my child, press on"

workinghard 5 years ago

I seem to remember someone getting a lot of money for a grilled cheese sandwich with the image of Jesus on it. I bet she has already gotten lots of offers for it, her money troubles could temporarily be solved.

geekin_topekan 5 years ago

That ain't Jesus, that's Rob Zombie!!

Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling Police>Should that be a semi-colon instead of a comma?

Leslie Swearingen 5 years ago

I am very disgusted at the comments on this blog. I will know better and stay totally away from some subjects knowing that I am going to be distressed. I can anticipate what you all are thinking of this comment and so I don't have to go back and read it. I am proud of being a Catholic Christian and nothing can ever change that. I guess I can also guess why no one makes a comment on my blogs but that is okay. I enjoy writing so I will keep on writing just for the fun of it.

Fixed_Asset 5 years ago

Honestly, Irish. You set yourself up to be distressed by coming here. I would imagine, after reading a couple of your blogs, the reason few post there has less to do with your faith than it does to do with your writing style. Your blogs don't make much sense and do little to tittilate. Big girl panties - if you have them, wear them!

Newell_Post 5 years ago

I once thought I saw John the Baptist in my 8-iron. Maybe that's why I hit into the water hazards all the time....

mrsbeasley 5 years ago

Pywacket, you heathen. Jesus would never appear in a toilet. Shame on you.

I myself, onetime, thought I saw Him (or Mary) in the frost on the back window of my car, but it melted before I could take a picture. Rats.

RoeDapple 5 years ago

Not commenting... just here to fuel discussion...

;-)

mrsbeasley 5 years ago

Naw, it was frost. And to those who might think our comments are mean...we (most of us) are not dissing Jesus, and Mary... we are dissing people who take advantage of other people. seeing jesus on a piece of toast, or on an iron, etc...is most likely a ploy to make money from someone who will buy it...IMO.