City commissioners will be briefed on preparations city crews have made to clear roads of snow and ice this winter.
The city will start the winter with 4,000 tons of salt, 1,000 tons of sand, 2,500 tons of salt-sand mix, and 1,000 tons of salt on a hold order. Last year, the city used 2,661 tons of salt and 2,437 tons of sand to work nine snowfall events that deposited 10.6 inches of snow on the city.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the Department of Administrative Services.
• Approve appointments as recommended by the mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Set bid date of Dec. 22 for the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program at 2420 Bryce Court, 3507 W. 10th St., and 818 Maple St.
b.) Authorize the city manager to execute an engineering services agreement in the amount of $49,078 with Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC) for Preliminary Engineering Services for Project UT0919CS - General Wastewater Pumping Station Improvements.
c.) Award bid for the 2010 coordinated printing bid to Mainline Printing for $20,329.
• Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8474, for the rezoning (Z-8-16-09) of approximately 11 acres, southeast of 31st Street and Kasold Drive, from RM12 (Multi-Dwelling Residential) and OS (Open Space) to the Floodplain Overlay District.
• Adopt the following ordinances on second and final reading:
a.) Ordinance No. 8471, for the annexation (A-8-3-09) of approximately 37.05 acres and adjacent right-of-way for Wesleyan Church Development, southeast of 31st and Kasold Drive.
b.) Ordinance No. 8472, for the rezoning (Z-8-14-09) of approximately 32.69 acres, southeast of 31st and Kasold Drive, from A (Agricultural) to RM12 (Multi-Dwelling Residential).
c.) Ordinance No. 8473, for the rezoning (Z-8-15-09) of approximately 4.36 acres, southeast of 31st and Kasold Drive, from A (Agricultural) and V-C (Valley Channel) to OS (Open Space).
• Accept dedication of easements and rights of way for PF-9-7-09, a one-lot final plat for Bauer Farm, Phase 3, containing approximately 1.1 acres, at 4700 Block No. 2, Overland Drive. Submitted by Landplan Engineering for Free State Group, LLC, property owner of record.
• Receive memo from the Sustainability Advisory Board regarding the audit and evaluation of solid waste diversion strategies and curbside recycling. Direct staff to review the memo and prepare a report for a January 2010 commission meeting.
• Approve recommendation from the Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission and the Historic Resources Commission to approve the request from the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War to move two existing ground markers and place them above ground on the sidewalk adjacent to the parking garage at 927 N.H.
• Approve $36,031 in expenditures to be reclassified from the general fund to the guest tax fund for operating department costs.
• Authorize the mayor to sign a release of mortgage for Frank and Leora Borror, 1507 Wedgewood.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Receive staff presentation on 2009/2010 snow removal and ice control preparedness.
• Receive staff report regarding the pavement maintenance program update — cycle two status report and 2010 street maintenance program.