Archive for Thursday, November 19, 2009

Music store leaves Lawrence location

November 19, 2009

Hume Music has closed its Lawrence store in the Orchards Shopping Center, 1410 Kasold Drive.

Earlier this month the company consolidated its stores and will still operate stores in Topeka, Lenexa and Overland Park, said CEO Bill Vance.

The company will still serve Lawrence schools, and a road representative is available, Vance said.

For instrument repairs and questions, customers can call the former Lawrence store phone number, 843-2644, or the Lenexa store at 816-474-1960 to find out how to get assistance, Vance said.

The Lawrence store had moved to the Orchards Shopping Center from its prior location at The Malls Shopping Center at 23rd and Louisiana streets.

Comments

sad_lawrencian 7 years, 11 months ago

Buh bye! Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

thepianoman 7 years, 11 months ago

This is unfortunate but probably necessary. Ever since the new owners took over, the store has gone down hill. They don't have any music in store these days. They quit selling sheet muisc and books. Yes, I understand the internet makes it possible to download and print music to your home PC, but not everyone has the internet.

jackpot 7 years, 11 months ago

JK check the Lenexa number, 816 is Mo.area code 913 is Kansas

BadLlama 7 years, 11 months ago

Hume Music has been a sorry excuse for a music store for a long time, even before the new management took over. I am a musician--I grew up in Lawrence, I majored in music at KU. I NEVER went to Hume for my needs; they always overcharged me, did a shoddy repair job, or ordered the wrong things. I say good riddance--not a huge loss if you ask me. Lawrence needs a reputable, well run, and smart music store. Hume was none of those things.

Jonathan Kealing 7 years, 11 months ago

jackpot--

Their Web site seems to agree:

It does seem weird though...

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

hornplayer 7 years, 11 months ago

The music store, did really lack in supplies and music for the last couple years. SAD...SAD...SAD! But I did have my horn repaired by Davidson several different times and was really happy with the repairs. I heard he is doing repairs on his own now as Band-Aide Instrument Repair at 785-832-9124.