Lawrence police are investigating a handful of weekend burglaries in downtown Lawrence.
According to police, five businesses along Massachusetts Street reported break-ins:
• Sarah’s Fabrics, 925 Mass., was burglarized between 6:30 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday, a police report said. Police said the suspect forced entry into the business and took $100 from the cash register. The business also recorded $1,000 in building damage.
• Au Marche, 931 Mass., was burglarized between 7:30 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday. A police report said a glass panel was broken and a lock damaged, causing $500 in damage. The business reported nothing missing.
• Bay Leaf, 717 Mass., reported being burglarized Saturday night. Owner Geri Riekhof said someone forced his way inside the business and took money.
• Yarn Barn, 930 Mass., reported a break-in Saturday night. The owner of the store would not provide information about the situation and a police report wasn’t available Monday regarding the incident.
• Yummy's Over the Top Frozen Yogurt, 1119 Mass., was burglarized between 10:45 p.m. Saturday and 11:15 a.m. Sunday. A police report said a cash register and two door jambs were damaged, causing $300 in damage.
Police provided no immediate information indicating whether the business burglaries are connected.