Archive for Sunday, May 10, 2009

Police investigating armed robbery reported Sunday morning

Lawrence police are looking for a suspect in an armed robbery that happened early Sunday morning.

May 10, 2009

Lawrence police are seeking a suspect in an armed robbery reported Sunday morning.

The robbery took place at 1:20 a.m. at the Econo Lodge, 2222 W. Sixth St.

Police said the suspect is a white male. During the robbery, he was wearing a black ski mask, a light-colored long-sleeve shirt, and light-colored long pants, according to Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman.

The suspect, armed with a firearm, jumped over the front desk and accosted an employee of the hotel. The employee did not suffer injuries.

Anyone with information is asked to call the police department at 832-7509 or leave an anonymous message on the TIPS hot line at 843-TIPS (8477).

Comments

couranna1 4 years, 11 months ago

he's probably cvhanged all his clothes by now unless he's dumb don't those places have cameras

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Roe, I didn't say You couldn't say it, I just said as in my role as a mother "I shouldn't be saying it to him". lol

bearded_gnome 4 years, 11 months ago

d---n, now where did I put that skimask? ...

oh well.

all I wanted was the continental breakfast!

Summerguuurl007 4 years, 11 months ago

I bet it was a black guy who used a ton of foundation on his face to hide his identity, then put on the ski mask to really throw the cops off

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Frankly, I'm offended the man put on a black mask. Why black? He should have been wearing purple!

Now, when I drove into town Sat, I was on the turnpike talking to my son. He asked where I was at. I said I was at Topeka. He said to watch out. He is in grade school. I did not have time to remind him that he had spent a lot of time there and had been just fine. We had other things we had to discuss that were more important but I could see his dad's prejudices were being firmly put in place. What I did see that needed to be done was to reassure him. I told him, don't worry, I'm driving right through.

You know I was thinking of all you snarkers as I said that and how wrong it was in my role as mother!

RoeDapple 4 years, 11 months ago

I saw a white male, light colored shirt and pants at Dillons. Was the suspect about 85 with a walker?

Maybe not if he jumped over the desk........

loudmouthrealist 4 years, 11 months ago

Breaking News: After further investigation, it has been determined that the suspect has most likely removed the black ski mask by now. Police are now searching for a white male without a black ski mask.

Jaylee 4 years, 11 months ago

"Police are searching for a white male wearing a black ski mask'

i'll be sure to let them know!

brutas61 4 years, 11 months ago

If you're an average white male, then you are a threat to the fine citizens of the people's republic of lawrence. All white males should report to the judicial center for further questioning on this matter.

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

Gotta be from Topeka.... Probably came to Lawrence for the driver check points that were on Friday evening. He was pissed because he wanted his check, and all he got was drivers license looked at. .

somebodynew 4 years, 11 months ago

OK, Roe - that might be tacky, but oh soooo funny.

Good one !!

RoeDapple 4 years, 11 months ago

Okay................... Since it WAS on the west side of town................. I shouldn't think it, much less say it............ Oh, well...................

ArumerZwarteHoop 4 years, 11 months ago

I thought the LJW does not describe suspects, or do we only describe them when they are white?