Business

Business

Resident completes pizza training program

March 27, 2009

Malory Hughes-Pfeifer has successfully completed Papa Murphy’s Pizza Shift Supervisor Training Program. She will work at the Papa Murphy’s Pizza location in Lawrence.

Hughes-Pfeifer is a 2008 graduate of Lawrence High School and a student at Johnson County Community College.

Comments

couranna1 5 years ago

beatrice, so was your post and your lack of decorum

beatrice 5 years ago

Jonathan, a business brief might be what you at the paper call it, but we the readers clearly call it mundane to the point of being hysterically funny.

I think the explaination is as hilarious as the brief itself.

jonas_opines 5 years ago

The best part about this?

At some point, somebody saw this in the back burner links of the site, and had this thought:

"Wow, what a silly, pointless, time wasting article. I'm going to take some time to comment on how silly and pointless it is, and so it will end on most discussed and then everybody will spend some time looking at it to see what a waste of time it is."

KansasVoter 5 years ago

ROFL......I can see including this in the online edition since it doesn't cost anything extra, but this article was in the print edition too? That's just too funny. I'm going to forward this to all of my friends, because it's too good not to share.

John Spencer 5 years ago

I use to work at Pizza Co and Pizza Shuttle, threw a lot of pie back in the day, I loved making pizzas. Especially when customers were waiting, I would do lots of spinning, tossing, arm rolls it was a blast, got applause for it hundreds of times. So, Andini you are wrong, at least 1 person likes to make pizza.

Andini 5 years ago

Nobody likes to make pizza. Nobody.

Is that better Autie?

couranna1 5 years ago

jkealing you mean there actually were people on here that did not know what this was Whoa

autie 5 years ago

What's up Andini? you buckin for customer of the month? Could be some free pizza in your future..

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

Jonathan. My ex was once totally ticked off that LJW chose to NOT run his business story. He fumed for a few days, told everyone how he had been wronged! (Thanks, I had a good silent giggle at the time, having another one right now) ;)

Andini 5 years ago

Jonathan,

Why isn't Malory's picture here like it is in the print edition?

Andini

And to all: Malory is very nice and even knows me by name. Which I'm not sure is a good thing since it shows I eat a lot of Papa Murphy pizza.

Jonathan Kealing 5 years ago

All- This is what we call a business brief. Companies can send in items about their employees and we run them as a form of recognition. Any company can send in information and we'll consider running it.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

beawolf 5 years ago

It's not a matter of being "newsworthy". It's called human interest. Most small town newspapers thrive on this. It allows the company to get a little free advertising and the employee gets a little recognition for a job well done.

I'll add my congrats to Malory as well and I'll get a Papa Murphy's for the game tonight.

75x55 5 years ago

Goin for that "small town newspaper" prize, LJW?

Betty Bartholomew 5 years ago

I don't think it's a matter of looking down at Ms. Hughes-Pfeifer as much as looking down at LJWorld from the "Why in the world is this here?" perspective.

I myself have never been crazy about the propensity of papers to publish too much information. I'm surprised they didn't post her work schedule for the convenience of the whacko customers she might encounter.

alm77 5 years ago

Congratulations, Malory! Not everyone achieves a supervisory position fresh out of high school. Good for you!

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

wood, if they had a training video, if would probably end up here, and we could see it Thursday night. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/mar...

beatrice 5 years ago

AZH, I don't think anyone is looking down their nose at somebody for working for a living. Rather, people are having fun with the story because not every human accomplishment is actually news worthy.

So, to pile on with the fun, I can imagine the class catalog notices: All students registering for Cheese 405 must have previously completed Pepperoni 101 receiving a grade of C or better, or have a signed permission by the pizza-delivery guy.

Congrats Hughes-Pfeifer. If you read this, please don't take it personally.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years ago

I didn't know pizzas are trainable. What kind of tricks can they do?

sinverguenza 5 years ago

Poor girl, hilarious article.

couranna1 5 years ago

Congrats on completing training

couranna1 5 years ago

Hoops adults are talking HUSH

ArumerZwarteHoop 5 years ago

Wow you guys are jerks. Congrats Malory Hughes-Pfeifer. These Lawrence pseudo-intellectual welfare cases like looking down their noses at folks who work for a living. Don’t let them get you down.

jonas_opines 5 years ago

Crab, anyone?

Goes great on pizza. With double entendre.

blue73harley 5 years ago

Damn, I flunked greeter training at Walmart.

woodenfleaeater 5 years ago

If they televised her training, I may put the KU game on the back burner.

trinity 5 years ago

it'll probably be on the cnn website before too long. breaking news&all doncha know.

jesuslovingmomX9 5 years ago

Congratulations woodenfleaeater on your amazing daughter!

Satirical 5 years ago

I honestly think this is one of the best articles ever published by the LJWorld. I am bewildered why this isn't getting national attention.

Keep up the good work LJWorld!

grammaddy 5 years ago

Wow, you mean there are actually classes for this? I worked a lot of fast food management in my younger days and we learned "on the job".

Satirical 5 years ago

Wow, this makes "Man bites dog" a full front page story.

Chris Ogle 5 years ago

I applied at Papa Murphys and they said they didn't need a host... just my luck.

woodenfleaeater 5 years ago

Now this is news!!! My daughter, who is potty training, did a #2 in the toilet yesterday, where's that story?

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

Up until this moment, that news list was lookin' pretty dull.

KSA_21_3503 5 years ago

This reads like an Onion article.

justforfun 5 years ago

This just in!! John Lotagas just completed training to be full service gas station attendent.