Archive for Thursday, March 12, 2009

Window peeper reported near Seventh and Michigan streets

March 12, 2009

A 21-year-old Lawrence woman reported seeing a man looking through a window of her home when she woke up early Sunday morning, Lawrence police said Thursday.

The incident happened about 6:40 a.m. Sunday at a home near Seventh and Michigan streets, a police report said.

Officers searched the area but were not able to locate the suspect, described as a white man with a dark complexion.

Comments

Confrontation 6 years, 1 month ago

I'd check out those perverts on the KBI offender registry and see where they were. They should be locked up for life, rather than allowed to prey on women.

Raider 6 years, 1 month ago

Any chance the lady "imagined" someone looking in her window?

boogaloogadoodoo 6 years, 1 month ago

extraterrestrials are notorious peeping toms.

bangaranggerg 6 years, 1 month ago

I'll be on the lookout for this "white man with a dark complexion," he won't get far. Wait! There he is! NO! That's him over there! Wait Wait, I think he's behind you! HOLD ON! He's everywhere!

Omegatron 6 years, 1 month ago

Ether he's a thief looking for an easy mark, or he's a rapist looking for an easy mark.

Ground floor blinds and curtains people. Burglar's not going to add you to his list if he doesn't know what you have.

And make sure everything's locked up at night. Someone casing at 6 in the morning is going to be able to determine if you regularly do or not. Easy entry, it's your goods going to that pawn shop in the next few nights.

Home security = better night's sleep.

gogoplata 6 years, 1 month ago

I recommend the Remington 870 home security system.

gphawk89 6 years, 1 month ago

I have one of those 870 security systems. Never used it, but seems like it should be pretty effective. Problem is, it don't work if you're not at home.

gphawk89 6 years, 1 month ago

Those "choking dust" security systems are quite effective, too. I had one of those fall off its wall mount, AND land upside down right on the release handle, AND break the plastic safety pin, AND discharge right into my face a few months ago in my garage. Never realized how nasty that stuff was...

Jersey_Girl 6 years, 1 month ago

No, no, demonfury, it was in YESTERDAY'S paper! Sheesh!