Spring cleaning can seem like a daunting job. Here are some tips for making the task more manageable from 1-800-GOT-JUNK, a service that picks up unwanted items for a fee:
• Identify which rooms and areas you use most, and make those a priority for cleaning.
• Break the job down into weekly action items. Create a list of major cleaning goals, and then break them into prioritized weekly tasks. To ensure success, limit yourself to three items a week.
• Delegate organizing and cleaning tasks to other people in the household.
• Set a deadline, and commit to meeting it. If necessary, create reminders to keep yourself on task, such as a note on the refrigerator or a notation in your calendar or organizer.
• As you organize, group similar items in piles so you can more easily spot and cull duplicates and outdated or unneeded items.