Here are some suggested questions for you to review for yourself before you head to the veterinarian.
The American Veterinary Medical Association says having answers to these questions will help during your next appointment.
• Has your pet gained or lost weight recently?
• Is your pet drinking more or less water?
• Is your pet urinating more frequently or having accidents in the house?
• Has your pet’s appetite changed?
• Has your pet’s bowel movements changed in frequency, consistency or in any other way?
• Does your pet have bleeding gums, loose or broken teeth or bad breath?
• Has the condition of your pet’s skin or coat changed?
• Do you notice a change in your pet’s energy level?
If you answer yes to one or more of those questions, schedule a physical exam for your pet ahead of its regular checkup.