Among major road projects scheduled in the area for the coming week:
• Ninth Street is closed to through traffic from Iowa to Tennessee streets, and to all traffic from Highland Drive to Emery Road, for upgrades. The section from Highland to Emery is expected to reopen to local traffic by the second week in July; the entire project — which includes repaving and other work from Iowa to Tennessee — is scheduled to be finished by Aug. 7. Replacement of a water line limits eastbound traffic on Ninth to one lane, from Arkansas to Michigan streets; and traffic in the 900 block of Michigan to one lane.
• Drivers may encounter brief periods of slow traffic as construction continues for a new U.S. Highway 59 between Lawrence and Ottawa.
• Traffic continues to be limited along streets adjacent to the construction site for The Oread, near the northeastern end of Kansas University’s main campus.
• Traffic headed east on Interstate 70 will be limited to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday between the Eighth Street entrance ramp and the Adams Street/Branner Trafficway interchange in Topeka, for pavement repairs. Also, the 10th Street entrance ramp onto eastbound lanes of I-70 will be closed.
• From 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, MacVicar Avenue in Topeka will have intermittent lane closures from a point near I-70 to First Street, for pavement repairs.
• I-70 will have varying lane closures from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday between 75th and 57th streets in Wyandotte County, for installation of traffic counters.
• Interstate 35 will be down to one lane in each direction, from the Miami County line to 151st Street in Johnson County, between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. daily through mid-September, for a pavement-marking project.
U.S. Highway 69
• Traffic on U.S. Highway 69 will face lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday between Blue Valley Parkway and Interstate 35 in Johnson County for pavement repairs.
• The right lane for traffic headed south on U.S. 69 at I-70 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday for sign work. The section of U.S. 69, in Wyandotte County, is known as the 18th Street Expressway.
U.S. Highway 73
• U.S. Highway 73 is reduced to one lane in each direction from Connie to Limit streets in Leavenworth County for repaving. The closures run from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily, and the project is expected to last into late July.
Kansas Highway 7
• Traffic on K-7 remains limited to one lane in each direction from 55th Street/Johnson Drive to Shawnee Mission Parkway, in Johnson County, for road construction work.
Kansas Highway 32
• Kansas Highway 32 is expected to be closed through late fall from Nettleton Avenue to 138th Street in Wyandotte County, for reconstruction. Traffic will be detoured onto the K-32/Shied Lane truck route in Bonner Springs.