Archive for Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two arrested after one threatens the other with hammer

June 24, 2009

Two men were arrested early Wednesday morning after an altercation involving three people on the 1100 block of Tennessee Street. Lawrence police were dispatched at 1:21 a.m. Wednesday after a male and female were involved in a domestic dispute. The female's brother intervened with the couple and a fight ensued between him and the male suspect. After the scuffle, the female's boyfriend left the scene. When he returned to retrieve his wallet, he and the female's brother got into another dispute. The boyfriend went back outside, returned with a hammer and threatened the brother.

Police arrested the boyfriend on charges of domestic battery and aggravated assault and the brother for simple battery.

The boyfriend received minor injuries in the original altercation and was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital but refused medical treatment. The brother's injuries did not require medical treatment.

Comments

ndnkorn 6 years ago

From what I understand the one that is notorious for starting things up ONCE AGAIN had no charges brought up.

BigPrune 6 years ago

I don't know why but the headline reminded me of that Simon and Garfunkel song..."I'd rather be a hammer than a nail."

kusp8 6 years ago

If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning I'd hammer in the evening All over this land I'd hammer out danger DANGER I'd hammer out a warning WARNING I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters All over this land

Jeff Kilgore 6 years ago

Was it a Stanley or Black and Decker?

kugrad 6 years ago

No one will be free until hammer discrimination ends!

interstn 6 years ago

So, I propose a contest; it's called "Rename This Story".

My entry:

Faced with Difficult Decision, Boyfriend Passes on Carrot, Selects Hammer

Kat Christian 6 years ago

These are the best comments of a story I've every read. You people are hilerious - so creative. So much creativity here in Larryville. LOL There should be a contest of the best comments on a news article - if there was I think this one would be the winner. I like you people.

beawolf 6 years ago

To get the job done right you need a Stilleto with a 14oz solid Titanium head, magnetic nail starter, straight claw design, side nail puller, milled, replaceable steel face and an 18" curved, epoxy dipped hickory handle. Some prefer the titanium handle with an ergonomically contoured, hard wearing rubber grip, but I still like the feel of hickory.

interstn 6 years ago

This story kind of makes me miss "Foot in a Bucket"

poppygirl 6 years ago

Was it a Left or Right handed hammer? That will narrow down my personal list of possible suspects ! LOL

homechanger 6 years ago

Nothing sings quite like a properly struck estwing.

spiff 6 years ago

Two properly struck estwings?

woodenfleaeater 6 years ago

Multi....If they weren't hammered, it sounds like one was about to be!!

feeble 6 years ago

bea, that's over kill. A good low-impact Stanley hammer will set you back $20 and get the job done right.

Now, the true hammer master practices one nail, one hit. None of this triple tap stuff, just a solid hit to the center of the head.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 6 years ago

Well, I hate to do it, but...

This unfolded one block from the drop-in center, and the story says nothing about being called to a "residence".

Kathy Getto 6 years ago

I don't know - could very well have been a 1/2 inch ball peen, hard faced that is, perfectly suitable for tapping punches.

Tom McCune 6 years ago

If he is a biker, it was probably a ball-peen hammer, one of the Hell's Angels weapons of choice since it can be argued in court it is a "tool" not a concealed weapon. (As long as it is kept in the tool box.)

woodenfleaeater 6 years ago

The main suspect is Greg Valentine.

Alexander Neighbors 6 years ago

Hey look on the bright side atleast the city didnt charge him with building with out the proper permits

Evan Ridenour 6 years ago

Why even have an article about an incident that didn't even result in any charges? I just looked it up, neither person was charged by the DA's office so what is the point of this article?

John Spencer 6 years ago

The point is to allow a bunch of tools to wrench out some nutty jokes and screw ball comments. Some nailed it , some are still hammering out their thoughts. The table saw a lot of beer that night I would say. In the end they were both screwed with Skil by the Mak Craftsman himself, Sarge Kop (SK.)

John Spencer 6 years ago

Three get hammered. One gets hammer. Two get slammer. Film at 11.