Archive for Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Motorcyclist hits deer, transported to LMH with minor injuries

June 24, 2009

A motorcyclist struck a deer at Iowa Street and Terrace Road around midnight Wednesday. Lawrence Douglas County Fire & Medical transported the driver to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.

Comments

EarthaKitt 5 years, 11 months ago

SofaKing, with the HIPPA regulations full in force I doubt the hospital will release any more information about the deer.

salad 5 years, 11 months ago

Did_I_say_that (Anonymous) says…

"Hog meets deer; man just can't win. "

Oh but he can....I know of at least two people personally, and I've read of a couple more in motorcycle magazines who've hit deer on sportbikes and cut the unfortunate deer....in HALF!!! Now granted, these guys were going over 70 mph and a sport bike is more pointy than a hog, but you can definitely cut a deer in half on a motorcycle and walk away without a scratch. True story.

gsxr600 5 years, 11 months ago

How do we know it was a cruiser? The dude's lucky to be alright. Hopefully he had a helmet on.

And if you know where Iowa and Terrace rd is in town, it's smack dab in the middle! How are you going to call someone and idiot for riding around in the middle of the city?

4chewnut 5 years, 11 months ago

Ahhhhh. Why the Lawrence Journal World is so important. Forget Iran and North Korea....we have deer, snakes and armadillos to worry about.

KansasVoter 5 years, 11 months ago

Iran and North Korea have absolutely nothing to do with our daily lives in Lawrence, but deer, snakes, and armadillos do. Iran could have 10,000 nukes and it wouldn't make a difference in your life, and the fact that North Korea has nukes hasn't changed your life at all either.

king_zed 5 years, 11 months ago

I suggest red devil has never even ridden a motorcycle, nor should be qualified to even comment on the subject. ANY way, I'm the lucky bastard that hit the deer. I hit her at 35 mph and rode the pavement on my hands and knees till I rolled(lucky for the female). Put a nice quarter sized hole in my knee that got stitched shut, some minor road rash, and no, like a moron I didnt hav my brain bucket, nor did she, God blessed us both that night!

BrianR 5 years, 11 months ago

Zed, glad you're still with us. I've had a few close calls with birds but a deer is downright scary.

BrianR 5 years, 11 months ago

Z - I just assumed that R.D. was responding to sofaking. Maybe not, it is vague

king_zed 5 years, 11 months ago

I suppose that could be, I apologize to rd, unless I AM correct. So Rd can take it at that. Anyway thanks bro. Yeah, I know all about the birds... especially the bigguns around white river area of MO!

king_zed 5 years, 11 months ago

ps the leg really hurts still, and the Buell is in the garage, but my little Kawi is parked right outside calling my name.