Archive for Saturday, June 20, 2009

Police investigate shots fired in 1600 block of Haskell Ave.

June 20, 2009

Lawrence police investigated a report of gun shots being fired in the 1600 block of Haskell Avenue early Saturday morning. A caller reported hearing six or seven gun shots around 2:15 a.m., according to Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman. Officers later recovered bullet casings in the area, but there was no report of injuries or property damage, Bordman said.

Comments

momathoma 4 years, 10 months ago

wow, maybe they should advertise that story in the KU catalogs..they paint the picture of a quaint little college town with a clean cut appearance and upstanding citizens....evidently they forgot to add that our historic downtown district is a great place to go out for a drink and get robbed, our historic east side is bestowed with the sounds of gunshots and its quaint citizens will be happy to welcome their bad driving...welcome to lawrence....

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

gsxr600, was this last night? (Friday night) I heard something in the OWL area, but we both were pretty sure it sounded like early firecrackers.

gsxr600 4 years, 10 months ago

Wow, you think I should've called the cops? I didn't because thought they may have been fireworks. I know some people around here that have fireworks already and have shot them off on countless occasions. I'm just saying, how much good would it have done to call dispatch and tell them I heard something that sounded like a gunshot? They would've come out there and done nothing about it. I was just making an observation that it may have been gunshots. There are about 100 other people that live here too. Maybe one of them called it in.

couranna1 4 years, 10 months ago

Edgewood looks like a good place to put the people from Gitmo

50YearResident 4 years, 10 months ago

Remember, it is anly about 2 weeks before the 4th of July and they sell fireworks in Mo all year. Fireworks sound like gunshots and kids are already shooting some off. So what most people are hearing are "FIREWORKS"

eotw33 4 years, 10 months ago

gsxr600- I live by 7th and Florida, never heard anything like that, but for future reference, you should probably call the cops if you think you hear gunshots.

gsxr600 4 years, 10 months ago

I thought I heard gunshots over by 7th and Florida. Any correlation?

SwineFlu 4 years, 10 months ago

Ghetto area of Larryville....Typical.

50YearResident 4 years, 10 months ago

Friday night and Saturday night seem to be the big crime times. It is always interesting to read the weekend crime reports. I suspect there will be a couple muggings and a gas station or two hit tonight. Oh, I forgot the bar fights at closing time, there will be at least one of those, maybe more.