Archive for Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Man arrested on battery, domestic battery, firearms charges

June 17, 2009

A 31-year-old Lawrence man was arrested early Wednesday morning on charges of battery, domestic battery and criminal possession of a firearm.

Police responded to a report of domestic battery and battery at an apartment at 2424 Melrose Lane shortly after midnight Wednesday.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Susan Hadl, police at the address found three women who had been battered. None of the women sought medical treatment and injuries were classified as minor bruises and contusions.

Police used a vehicle description to locate and detain the suspect in the 1800 block of Iowa. Police found a firearm in the suspect's car. The firearm was illegal for the suspect to possess because he had been convicted of a felony previously, Hadl said.

The man was arrested at 1:15 a.m. and booked into Douglas County Jail without bond.

Comments

tanaumaga 5 years, 5 months ago

see ya in 5 to ten...there are not too many women to batter in the pokie....

John Hamm 5 years, 5 months ago

How do you know this guy isn't "Big Bobo?"

Kyle Reed 5 years, 5 months ago

...and...and... I've heard it's built on an ancient Indian burial ground too!! Come on smitty. Try to pay attention and focus.

markbr52 5 years, 5 months ago

Maybe we should wait to make judgements about what happened here.

I was accused falsely of domestic violence. It is a common practice that is used by women to gain an advantage over a man in court.

I don't know this situation, but based on my experience I would have to start by assuming innocence until proven guilty. Whoa! There is a thought. Why isn't the law based on such an idea? Wait! It is? Why don't the courts and the public do that as well?

That is the real question.

Ceallach 5 years, 5 months ago

Wah! Wah! Wah! This is not about you! Our galaxy is the Milky Way, not the "markbr52" way.

I just hate it when women beat themselves up, sometimes to the point of hospitalization, just to victimize some innocent man.

markbr52 5 years, 5 months ago

Ceallach, NO WHERE did I say that it should not be investigated or that all women file false charges. Again, like in the earlier posts, you are JUMPING to conclusions that are not neccessarily true. Thus my original post and your post proving me correct.

Thank you for supporting my post.

Forget the facts. Forget the truth. Forget the law. A man was involved so he MUST be guilty.

markbr52 5 years, 5 months ago

Ceallach, here is an answer to your other statement, although I would say this is an extreme.

from the kansascity.com blogs/crimescene "According to an affidavit that was filed in support of the federal criminal complaint, Bernet and Lindsey D. Crawford, 23, of Kansas City, Mo., hired Reabe to stage an attack. They offered to pay Reabe $100,000, the affidavit says, to physically assault both of them and to sexually assault Crawford. When Reabe carried out the attack, assaulting the women as planned in Crawford’s garage, they allegedly filed a fraudulent report with the Kansas City, Mo., Police Department."

password 5 years, 5 months ago

I wonder how far Melrose Lane is from Melrose Place? Was there lard involved?

coolmom 5 years, 5 months ago

i am sure he is completly innocent of being a felon with a gun too.

Dawn Davis 5 years, 5 months ago

I do know the acussed as well as of the acussers and I must say he really isn't that kinda guy .She can be totaly sico at times.He has been doing real well at changeing his life around.There is no way he would be carrying a gun when he is trying to better his life. I wish him well & it will all come out in the end .