Major road projects scheduled for the coming week:
• Ninth Street is closed to through traffic from Iowa to Tennessee streets, and to all traffic from Highland Drive to Emery Road, for upgrades. The section from Highland to Emery is expected to reopen to local traffic by the second week in July; the entire project — which includes repaving and other work from Iowa to Tennessee — is scheduled to be finished by Aug. 7.
• Work on concrete drainage inlets and lids will reduce Bob Billings Parkway to one lane for traffic headed east on Bob Billings Parkway, from Medinah Road to St. Andrews Drive.
• Drivers may encounter brief periods of slow traffic as construction continues for a new U.S. Highway 59 between Lawrence and Ottawa.
• Traffic continues to be limited along streets adjacent to the construction site for The Oread, near the northeastern end of Kansas University’s main campus. Recently added to the closures: 11th Street, from Indiana to Mississippi streets.
U.S. Highway 24
• Drivers will face varying lane closures — first for traffic heading east, then for vehicles heading west — as crews repave U.S. Highway 24, from Muddy Creek Bridge in Grantville to Kansas Avenue in Shawnee County. Work is to be conducted beginning Monday and continue during daylight hours Mondays through Saturdays until completion, scheduled for mid-July.
• Each of two sections of Interstate 70 in Wyandotte County will have a left lane closed to traffic from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday for sign-structure repairs. The westbound left lane will be closed at 86th Street, and the eastbound left lane will be closed from 74th to 78th streets.
• The southbound ramp of Interstate 635 to southbound Interstate 35 will be restricted to one lane — using the shoulder — from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday for pavement repairs in Johnson County.
U.S. Highway 69
• Traffic on U.S. Highway 69 will face lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday between Blue Valley Parkway and Interstate 35 in Johnson County, for pavement repairs.
• U.S. 69’s left lane closed will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday for traffic headed south from 103rd Street to Interstate 435 in Johnson County, as crews move equipment.
Kansas Highway 7
• The right lane of K-7/ U.S. Highway 73 will be closed, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Monday, to traffic headed north from a point south of Gilman Road in Leavenworth County, for bridge repairs expected to be finished in late June.
• Traffic on K-7 remains limited to one lane in each direction from 55th Street/ Johnson Drive to Shawnee Mission Parkway, in Johnson County, for road-construction work. The lane restrictions are expected to last into late June.
Kansas Highway 92
• Centennial Bridge along Kansas Highway 92 in Leavenworth County will be cut to one lane for traffic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, as crews conduct a bridge inspection. Traffic will be directed across the bridge in a single lane, as directed by flaggers.
Kansas Highway 5
• Eastbound and westbound traffic on Kansas Highway 5 will be reduced to one lane from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily from Interstate 635 to McCormick Street in Wyandotte County, for resurfacing. Work is scheduled to be finished in early July.
U.S. Highway 73
• U.S. Highway 73 is reduced to one lane in each direction from Connie to Limit streets in Leavenworth County, for repaving. The closures go from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily, and the project is expected to last into late July.