Archive for Friday, July 10, 2009

Prosecutor running for Kansas A.G.

July 10, 2009

— The city prosecutor for Junction City says he’s running for Kansas attorney general.

Ralph DeZago (dee-ZAY’-goh) made the announcement Thursday, becoming the first declared candidate for the Republican nomination. The primary is in August 2010.

Incumbent Democratic Attorney General Steve Six is expected to run next year as well.

DeZago worked four years as an assistant attorney general when Republican Phill Kline held the office in 2003-07.

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

I misread the headline & though it said "Prospector running...." I'd vote twice for prospector!

flyin_squirrel 5 years, 5 months ago

Why do people who worked with Phil Kline think we would want them in office? Even though the Morrison incident wasn't good, at least he removed Phil Kline from office.

Steve Six is great and Kansan's should feel lucky to have him.

Bob Forer 5 years, 5 months ago

BigPrune 5 years, 5 months ago

If Six would've gone after Dr. Tiller instead of playing politics for Sebelius, the famous humanitarian of infanticide might be alive today, doing time in prison.

one2no 5 years, 5 months ago

Hey Steve Six was a classmate of mine and even though I am not a fan of the AG's office for good reasons. I do think Steve is a good guy.We sure as H-ll don't need anyone that has been around Phil Kline He is the guy that should be dead.To this DeZago guy save your money and pack it in. I am for Lucky No. SIX

MyName 5 years, 5 months ago

@BigPrune:

And if Fmr AG Phill Kline had done the job he was elected for, instead of spending all that time on wasteful political crap and campaigning for reelection, he might not have gotten the boot after his first term.

texburgh 5 years, 5 months ago

Oh, good. A buddy of Phill Kline for AG. That's what we need - another fascist in the AG's office. He'll be a gret buddy for Kobach as Secretary of State.

Moderate Republicans have clearly abandoned Kansas.

Vote for Democrats.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 5 years, 5 months ago

I do no t know much about the man DeZago and I am a bit hesitant to dismiss him for his association with Kline, but I do know that Judge Six is an excellent person for the job, he has been doing a good job as AG and I hope he gets elected to the post. But I know that the righteous, rancorous, right wing Republicans will do the same as they always do, be it Sotomajor, President Obama, or anyone who is of the opposite party, they will attempt to smear, discredit and generally sling mud at him, and continue their vendetta of no-ideas.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 5 months ago

I doubt he is beyond reproach, he is a lawyer after all but he is far better than the last two we had.

kansasmutt 5 years, 5 months ago

My vote goes to Steve. Great fair guy and he looks out for the common man.Cant get much better in my book.

Frank Smith 5 years, 5 months ago

Hey Big Prune. Tiller's charges were dismissed or he was found not guilty of any. He wasn't doing anything illegal. Six (and Foulston and Kline, of course) were not able to successfully prosecute because the U.S. isn't a theocracy, and our state constitution wasn't written by the American Taliban.