Archive for Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lawrence police release details on three recent sex crimes

July 9, 2009

Lawrence police issued a report Thursday detailing three sex crimes they responded to during the last two weeks:

• A 45-year-old Lawrence woman reported she was sleeping on her couch Tuesday morning and awoke to a 54-year-old man sitting on the edge of the couch and touching himself inappropriately. The incident allegedly occurred in the 100 block of Arkansas Street.

• A 22-year-old Oklahoma woman reported a 21-year-old Lawrence man grabbed her inappropriately during a party in the 2300 block of Vermont Street at about 3 a.m. Saturday.

• A 44-year-old man reported he was working in his basement in the 2900 block of Oxford Road, when he looked through a window and saw a naked man walking away from his house. The incident allegedly occurred at about 4 a.m. June 30.

Comments

bearlybrewed 4 years, 9 months ago

ok...this occurred on Arkansas Street not in Arkansas! And what is appropriate grabbing in Oklahoma?

Roland Gunslinger 4 years, 9 months ago

icedoverhillon14th (Anonymous) says… well, what exactly was the man working on in his basement at 4 a.m. is my question. i understand why there would be someone naked in the streets at that hour, but someone “working in their basement” doesnt fly with me. who does anything productive at 4 a.m.? answer: meth manufacturer.

Well not everyone in this world has a 9-5 job. Some people work the night shift from maybe 11-7 and on their days off they're still awake during those hours due to their sleep schedule. Things still need to get done around the house; hot water heater need replaced, book shelf needs built, clothes dryer needs new heating element, etc. I guess those people should ignore all those things that have to get done around the house because they aren't up during the day time hours.

Everyone who works the night shift are meth manufacturers? Moron.

RoeDapple 4 years, 9 months ago

Py, my kids refer to all my shop equipment as 'boring' tools..... I try to explain, no, some are saws, some are planers, some do a variety of different functions.......... But they insist,'No dad really, they are all boring......'

They never turn down the free furniture, cabinetry, whatever.......

Ah, well, such is the life.........

;-)

And I know everyone who went to school with Mrs Roe. Her senior class had 9 students......

I'm the one with the crazy stories................

;-)

kidscount 4 years, 9 months ago

Raider,

You are a sick man. No woman deserves to be touches in such a way that they dont want to be and yes harm was done if she was touched in ANY way she didnt want to be. If you truely believe like this then you deserve to be locked up just like he does. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pywacket 4 years, 9 months ago

Well, Roe... You know that old friend of your wife's you've always been suspicious of? You know, the one she tells crazy stories about from their high school years?

Well, those stories go both directions! I hear about it all--the probe details, the repairman, the money you spend on new saws instead of using it to take her out on the town... (ha! ;-)

RoeDapple 4 years, 9 months ago

Py, I am a woodworker, I get up very early almost every morning but my name isn't Fred.

And how did you know about the probe?............

;)

icedoverhillon14th 4 years, 9 months ago

never, wtflawrence, never. see you here tomorrow for more fun!

Pywacket 4 years, 9 months ago

Story 3--this one is easy!

Ethel, frustrated that Fred spent too many nights puttering in the basement on his woodworking projects instead of giving her the loving she needed, succumbed to the charms of the dashing TV repairman. Before long, he was making night calls, adjusting her vertical & horizontal, fine-tuning her stations, and twisting her knobs to pinpoint her best reception.

Fred, meanwhile, hearing occasional outbursts from upstairs, assumed his wife was lying in bed enjoying particularly raucous episodes of Rawhide and Leave It To Beaver on TV Land.

One night, just as the studly young man was sneaking out, trying to cool down before donning his clothes, which he had thrown into some nearby bushes, Fred chanced to look out the window and was startled by the sight that met his eyes.

Fortunately for the stealthy lovers, Fred believed he was witnessing the aftermath of an alien abduction--an unfortunate individual who had been beamed to an alien craft, his clothes vaporized, his body probed, and dropped back to earth, without so much as a paper gown for modesty. As Fred told the police, who failed to apprehend the naked 'victim,' "Just goes to show--we never know what's going on, right above our heads!"

Fred Whitehead Jr. 4 years, 9 months ago

Ineffective prisons, sex offender goes free, sex crimes the cops have cobbled up, I guess the circulation must be down, eh Dolph?????????

iblong 4 years, 9 months ago

Mormons looking for extra partners!

krisellion 4 years, 9 months ago

People keep different schedules, no? I know when I was working third shift, I would work in my basement at 4am on a regular basis. And I've never been a tweaker...

Raider 4 years, 9 months ago

Story number 2. Instead of calling the cops, all this girl should have done was simply slap the (&$@# out the guy that touched her. Seriously, I see no need to file a police report on this. What a waste of time. I'm not defending the jerk who touched her, but if that's all he did then no harm was done. I bet if she would have slapped the ($&# out of him he would think twice about doing it again.

Story number 3. I'm still laughing.

icedoverhillon14th 4 years, 9 months ago

thank you swineflu and wtflawrence, working in the basement that late is far more suspicious then "mr. not sober" wonderin around naked. im glad others see how strange that really is.

wtflawrence 4 years, 9 months ago

instead of victims I ment to say, did the sex criminals blurt out their ages.

wtflawrence 4 years, 9 months ago

So did these people get caught or did the victims just blurt out their ages as they perfomred their sex acts?

As for story #3 If I was the naked man I would call the cops that someone is "working in their basement at 4 a.m."

SwineFlu 4 years, 9 months ago

icedoverhillon14th... you are probably right about meth being involved. Silly tweeker poking around his basement see's naked men walking around his yard. Probably assumed everyone is a cop too. lol

SwineFlu 4 years, 9 months ago

OMG....the first one was creepy, like something out of a stanley kubrick movie, then the 2nd is only too common, but that last one takes the cake.

KEITHMILES05 4 years, 9 months ago

All 3 are fun stories to read.

Thanks LJWorld.

igby 4 years, 9 months ago

He was no doubt scratching those trailer park crabs, they're as big as ticks I hear.

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

You know, story #1 could be the husband and wife of a dysfunctional marriage...

Jaminrawk 4 years, 9 months ago

Ok, yeah, the first two are creepy ... the third one is just hilarious.

couranna1 4 years, 9 months ago

yeah this is not really a funny story Lawrence is a cesspool

icedoverhillon14th 4 years, 9 months ago

well, what exactly was the man working on in his basement at 4 a.m. is my question. i understand why there would be someone naked in the streets at that hour, but someone "working in their basement" doesnt fly with me. who does anything productive at 4 a.m.? answer: meth manufacturer.

Practicality 4 years, 9 months ago

Hmmmm,

I wonder if the man in story number 3 is married?

verity 4 years, 9 months ago

Not many details given here---Story 1 has way too many obvious unanswered questions.

But people---Lock Your Doors!!

Especially when you are sleeping.

gsxr600 4 years, 9 months ago

What I would consider details...

Story 1) Did she know the man? Did he leave or stay? Is he in custody?

Story 2) Did she know the man? What does "inappropriately" touched mean?

Story 3) This is just hilarious

MarchSadness 4 years, 9 months ago

Let the comments begin!

Try not to laugh after reading the third one. Its very tough.