Archive for Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Three charged in September 2008 robbery

February 24, 2009, 1:32 p.m. Updated February 24, 2009, 3:52 p.m.

Charges have been filed against three people accused in a Sept. 16, 2008, robbery in Lawrence, Douglas County prosecutors said.

The case involves a robbery in the 1700 block of West 24th Street, near 24th Street and Ousdahl Road. Police said the victim was walking in the area when two men, out of a group, grabbed him and took his money.

Antione Ford, Charles Jackson and Noreena Williams are each charged with one count of robbery, District Attorney Charles Branson's office said. The suspects had their first appearances in court on Monday.

A previous version of this story incorrectly spelled Noreena Williams' name.

Comments

geniusmannumber1 5 years, 10 months ago

Why aren't these people in jail they're clearly guilty they're a danger to society we are having record amounts of crime they're probably from Topeka tax dollars I wish we could just take them behind the jail and give them some real justice I hope they break into my house so I can shoot them.

Just wanted to be first to comment. Anyone have anything to add?

BorderRat 5 years, 10 months ago

I think you forgot It's the right wings fault and/or the left wings fault blah, blah, blah....

workinghard 5 years, 10 months ago

I wonder why it took so long for charges to be filed? Waiting for test results?

Cristy White 5 years, 10 months ago

Tbaby09 5 years, 10 months ago

Hi Christie and others....actually I too knew these 3 very well and I feel bad for Tony's girl. They just had a baby and I too know what it is like to be an addict and how it can effect your daily life. I pray for him and his family but the other too i still pray for because the drug scene is horrible, however they have been going strong with it for quite sometime now. Tony has a beautiful baby and he is truely a great guy. I love him and hope everything works out for him. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance. And Tony and Chase are the only ones in jail...I just talked to Nina at the verizon store a couple days ago.

lilhaileyscomet 5 years, 10 months ago

I have also known one of the three for about 13 years now. Nina. And also know that that is NOT how she lost her kids. This is something that she has been doing maybe the last two to three years. Her and I dont talk very often and have not since all this started. I quess when you feel like you get s--t on no matter what you do, you get to that point where ya just dont care anymore. This girl has been through so much in the 13 years I have known her, its insane. She gave her kids up after her and their father split up probably 6 or 7 years ago. The oldest is with her mom and the youngest with the dad. Ever since then it has been one thing after another. Some her fault and some not. She has the worst luck I do know that. I am not condoning what she did. I am also not surprised, with the people she hangs around these days. And she needs to pay for what she did. But if people are going to put everyones personal business out there then get it right.

notfromhere 5 years, 3 months ago

Both guys are worthless and the girl doesn't desrve kids I know the guys personally and hope they spend the rest of their lives in prison they ar not good people with a drug problem they are raunchy people made worse with a drug problem I regret the day I met both of them and hope they rot in hell for what they did.