Archive for Thursday, February 19, 2009

Haskell’s spring enrollment up 12.5 percent

February 19, 2009

Haskell Indian Nations University’s spring enrollment is up 12.5 percent compared with last year.

There are 935 students attending Haskell compared with 831 in spring 2008. The average age of the students is 24 years. There are 675 freshmen and sophomores enrolled in 15 associate degree programs and 260 juniors and seniors enrolled in one of four baccalaureate programs.

Haskell serves American Indian and Alaskan Native students representing federally recognized tribes from across the United States. The region with the biggest representation at Haskell is the eastern Oklahoma region, which represents 273 students, or 27 percent of the student body. There are only 14 students from the Alaska region, representing 1.4 percent of students.

Comments

jenng 6 years, 5 months ago

This report neglects enrollment is depended on funding. There are more interested students that available spots.

Danimal 6 years, 5 months ago

Marlboro, that's awesome, that's easily the funniest thing I've read today.
Seriously though, business owners and residents in East Lawrence might want to consider installing bars on their windows. I'm not saying that Haskell students cause crime, just that the neighborhoods where they are most numerous tend to have more trouble with crime...

cowboy 6 years, 5 months ago

geekin_topekan 6 years, 5 months ago

Really?12.5% increase?All that even though they have a rogue president who is pilferring the cashbox and hiring her unqualified friends and chasing out all the highclass faculty?(sarcasm)

I don't know,I would be more inclined to protect my stuff from KU students than Haskell's. I mean,how many Haskell students have murdered Lawrence citizens with their automobiles and fled the scene as compared to KU students? How many Haskell students have brutally assulted a woman in a fit of jealousy and inflicted permanant injury to her genetalia as compared to KU students? How many of Haskell's students have sodomized and killed a dog in the student housing as compared to KU students? I am not saying that all KU students are perverted sex criminals and murders.I am just saying...

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years, 5 months ago

The racists are out early with the stereotypes this morning.

Lori Tapahonso 6 years, 5 months ago

Geek- - thank you, I appreciate your comments.

KGzMyMVP 6 years, 5 months ago

It's really sad that in town like Lawrence, with all it's so-called liberalism and so many educated people that ignorance and hate still manage to rear their little heads.

As an alumni of Haskell, and a current graduate student at KU, I'm very disappointed in all this ugliness

lawdog 6 years, 5 months ago

geekin_topekan: Your just a 'sore' loser. Nobody cares what you have to say.

geekin_topekan 6 years, 5 months ago

Sore loser? I dont get it.Please explain.

Truths, likethese examples,have no winners or losers.They are exactly what they are;true and undeniable. AND Evidently, you care.Enough that you felt compelled to dignify me.

lawdog 6 years, 4 months ago

geekin_topekan: IT was an error on my part, my apologies!