Belmar, N.J. A New Jersey man who authorities say scammed businesses by claiming he was New York Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain has pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. Thirty-year-old Ryan Ward of Toms River looks a lot like the Yankee. He entered the plea Wednesday in Belmar Municipal Court and was fined $2,518. He also must serve two years’ probation.
February 12, 2009
More like this story
- Ex-firefighter arrested in bikini accepts plea deal
- Tom Blubaugh pleads guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud in KU ticket scandal case
- Ben Kirtland pleads guilty in federal court to role in KU ticket scam
- Student reaches tentative plea deal
- Two teenagers get probation for accidental shooting death