Archive for Friday, December 25, 2009

Winter storm forcing cancellations of some Christmas church services

December 25, 2009, 12:00 a.m. Updated December 25, 2009, 1:18 a.m.

We've received these cancellations of activities in the Lawrence area because of the winter storm

If you have a cancellation to report, call us at 832-7154 or 832-6303.

Church services

• Trinity Episcopalian Church in Lawrence canceled its 10:30 a.m. Christmas Day service.

• Redeemer Lutheran Church in Lawrence canceled its 10 a.m. Christmas Day service.

• Immanuel Lutheran Church and University Student Center, 2104 Bob Billings Parkway, canceled Christmas Day services.

• Trinity Lutheran Church canceled 10 a.m. Christmas Day service.

State offices

• Gov. Mark Parkinson ordered state offices in Shawnee County closed at 2 p.m. Thursday because of worsening weather conditions.

Kansas University

• The KU campus closed at noon Thursday.

Other

• The American Legion in Lawrence will not have bingo on Saturday evening.

Comments

bigdave 5 years ago

I have a cancellation, X-Mas!!!!!!

supertrampofkansas 5 years ago

Hey lets not forget the Flying Spaghetti Monster too. FSM loves touching everyone with its noodly appendage even people like cheeseburger! Happy Noodle Day!

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years ago

" Sometimes I have to remind myself that God loves everyone, even people like you!"

Wow, just like my cat. Hey, could that mean my cat is God?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years ago

Maybe I should buy my cat an Xmas present, just in case.

Sunny Parker 5 years ago

at least all you losers will have health insurance!

James McGuire 5 years ago

The university is closed, but I am still here in the lab.

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

& if you don't want to buy health insurance, Dear Leader's JBTs will force you to buy it.

Shane Garrett 5 years ago

M. Lindeman 5 years ago

cheeseburger (Anonymous) says…

Funny, Dave - real funny! Sometimes I have to remind myself that God loves everyone, even people like you!

rdragon writes:

I was thinking the same thing, Merry Christmas all and stay safe.

more_cowbell 5 years ago

"tony88 (Anonymous) says… Ceiling Cat will be pleased!"

Basement Cat will be very angry... ;-)

BlackVelvet 5 years ago

"at least all you losers will have health insurance!" most....not all. Didn't you read the bill?????

Leslie Swearingen 5 years ago

Please don't tell me that Andrew is riding his bike to and from work today.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 5 years ago

The ancient Egyptians worshiped cats as gods. The cats have not forgotten this.

been_there 5 years ago

Man, those Catholics must be made of hardy stuff, no cancellations for their Christmas Eve stuff.

KansasPerson 5 years ago

True been_there -- and it was PACKED! And as far as I know, everyone reached home okay. :)

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years ago

"Basement Cat will be very angry… ;-)"

My cat is regularly displeased that I don't let her in the basement.

Will this get me on the Basement Cat sh*tlist?

signed,