Archive for Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Man walks out of Olathe hospital, killed on highway

December 16, 2009

— A man died after walking out of an Olathe hospital and onto a nearby interstate, where he was hit by a vehicle.

The Kansas Highway Patrol closed all three lanes of Interstate 35 near the Olathe Medical Center for about two hours Tuesday after the incident.

The Kansas City Star reports that Mike Jensen, chief marketing officer for the medical center, confirmed that the man who died was a patient at the center. No other details were released.

Comments

gsxr600 5 years ago

Definitely more to this story.

poppygirl 5 years ago

perhaps a misdiagnosed "psyche hold"

puddleglum 5 years ago

oh, this happens all of the time. it is just now, since Obama has become president that we are beginning to see the truths.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years ago

I'll bet the hospital gave him bad news and then told him to get out because he didn't have insurance and so he just left and committed suicide. When the prison closes down and Bert Nash is no longer seeing a lot of patients, bad things are going to happen.

denak 5 years ago

I don't think there is enough information for us to determine any negligence on the part of the hospital.

One hopes that if the man was disoriented, delusional or had just received extremely bad news that the hospital would have kept an eye on him or called a relative.

Dena

GardenMomma 5 years ago

I'm thinking perhaps he was AMA.

BMI 5 years ago

Or on something as simple as post op pain meds and he had no idea what he was doing, or an undiagnosed Alzheimer's patient. Having had horribly negligent care from several shifts at that hospital myself, as opposed to pretty great care at several other hospitals, I can attest they are very understaffed and hurting. I would switch doctors rather than be admitted there ever again, the staff nearly killed me. Everyone involved in the recent wrecks accounted for?

ilovetocook 5 years ago

Instead of jumping to conclusions, you might look for additional details in the KC Star. The man was suicidal and ran into traffic.