• As reconstruction of the intersection of North Second and Locust streets continues, both lanes of North Second remain closed heading north through the intersection and one lane heading south. Northbound vehicles follow a detour including Elm, North Third, Locust and — crossing Union Pacific Railroad tracks — Lyon streets. City officials hope to have one lane open in each direction by the end of the month; state transportation officials expect the detour to last into late January.
• Drivers may face slow traffic periods as construction continues for a new U.S. Highway 59 between Lawrence and Ottawa.
• Douglas County Road 9, or East 1500 Road, is closed from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40, as crews hired by the Kansas Turnpike continue with bridge construction activities. The closure is set to last until late spring.
• Two-way traffic has resumed on two bridges along Douglas County Road 458, at the southwest edge of Clinton Lake: the Wakarusa River Bridge and Rock Creek Bridge.
• The southbound left lane of Interstate 35 will be closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday from 167th Street to U.S. Highway 169/Kansas Highway 7/151st Street in Johnson County, for removal of a barrier wall.
U.S. Highway 69
• A section of U.S. Highway 69 in Wyandotte County, known as the 18th Street Expressway, continues to be limited to one lane in each direction from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, as crews work to paint the bridge. Work is expected to last into late March.