Archive for Saturday, August 29, 2009

Man transported to hospital after parking lot accident

28-year-old Lawrence man suffers non-life-threatening injuries; arrested on multiple charges

August 29, 2009, 5:55 a.m. Updated August 29, 2009, 8:51 p.m.

A 28-year-old Lawrence man was transported Saturday morning to Lawrence Memorial Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries after driving his car into a parked vehicle and attempting to flee on foot.

The man was later arrested on charges of operating under the influence, driving without insurance, reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Michael McLaren, the man crashed his passenger car into a stationary sport utility vehicle at 2:00 a.m. in the parking lot of the Cadillac Ranch, 2515 W. Sixth. The man attempted to flee the scene on foot, but was detained by bar security staff until police arrived.

Comments

davidsmom 5 years, 4 months ago

"...potentially alcohol-related." Really? I never would have guessed.

GardenMomma 5 years, 4 months ago

Well, at least he never made it out of the parking lot! Thank goodness no one was terribly hurt.

KEITHMILES05 5 years, 4 months ago

Glad to hear the numbnuts is from Lawrence.

number1jayhawker 5 years, 4 months ago

Just curious miles05, what do you have against Lawrence? Seems most of your posts are always putting down about Lawrence.

Matthew Herbert 5 years, 4 months ago

has no one considered the possibility that the driver was merely using a bar parking lot to turn around and head the opposite direction on 6th street and accidentally bumped into another car, and fearing that his gas tank would explode due to the contact, fled from the vehicle for his own safety? Geeeshh...really jumping to conclusions stating that alcohol may have been involved (=

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

Here is what I find interesting - "The man was transported to the hospital at 2:13 a.m. to treat lacerations to the bridge of his nose suffered during the incident."

What it doesn't clarify is if he got those injuries from the wreck, or from the bar staff detaining him??? Not that it really matters, but with the recent story about a couple of their bouncers, I was just wondering. And really can't believe someone on here hasn't posted anything about that.

Ralph Reed 5 years, 4 months ago

Lesse, he didn't make it out of the parking lot and there was only property damage. I'd say it's a win-win situation. Nobody got hurt and an (allegedly) drunk driver was kept of the streets.

@somebodynew: Why should the article clarify how his nose got lacerated? Is there a true need to know, or is it just an outgrowth of our "Jerry Springer" reality show society? There are any number of reasons his nose got lacerated.

@scottpewenofkit: I'm not sure, but I haven't heard of handguns being fired inside this club or in the streets outside. That might be an answer to your question.

somebodynew 5 years, 4 months ago

@RalphReed - I was just mentioning a point, not finding fault. As I said in my post, it doesn't really matter, he deserves it for hitting the car and trying to flee, it is just that a matter like that normally gets a lot of attention here in this blog.

I guess I am just surprized no "cousins" or "baby's momma" has come out to say how good a person this is and how he doesn't deserve all this negativity.

Eugehne Normandin 5 years, 4 months ago

when is somebody going to get tazed again I am bored.

greenworld 5 years, 4 months ago

This town must just be stirring for action without Club Axis and Last call, where is it all going down./ I guess crosstown and Allstars are still creating cop calls so close them down or just keep complaining about the certain ones.