University Bridge Club announces results of its Aug. 15 meeting, with hosts Marc and Cora Kuepker.
Blue winners were Dale Kring, first; Mary Gaumer, second; Darlene Schneider, third; Marc Kuepker, fourth; and Mary Kanous, fifth.
Pink winners were Alice Akin, first; Myrna Ikenberry, second; Ailene Bocquin, third; Dottie Miller, fourth; and Julie Zajic, fifth.
• The Wednesday Afternoon Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on Aug. 12 was directed by Chris Lane. North-South winners were Lois Clark and Harry Shaffer, first in A; Eleanor Patton and Ed Howard, second in A; Earle Core and Albert Ballard, third in A, and first in B and C; Bebe Huxtable and Wanna Roszel, fourth in A, and second in B and C; and Chris Lane and Patricia Lechtenberg, third in B.
East-West winners were David Piro and Paul Heitzman, first in A; Shari Krentzel and Mary Mertz, second in A and first in B; Judy Bevan and Barbara McCorkle, third in A, second in B, and first in C; and Sally Taylor and Yvonne Hedges, fourth in A.
• The Thursday Morning Duplicate Mentor game on Aug. 13 was directed by Chris Lane. Winners were Jean Khatib and Chris Lane, first; and Eleanor Patton and Florine Creek tied in second with Patricia Lechtenberg and Becky Mullins, and Earle Core and Charles Hedges.
• The Friday Afternoon Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on Aug. 14 was directed by Virginia Seaver. North-South winners were Rob Seaver and Virginia Seaver, first in A; Chris Lane and Carol Ball, second in A and first in B; John Fittell and Kent McCullough, third in A; Julia Dalton and Lester Dalton, fourth in A and second in B; and Nita Scales and Jolene Andersen, first in C.
East-West winners were Sally Taylor and Klee Zaricky, first in A and B; Madelyn Jenks and Mona Bell, second in A and B, and first in C; Lynn Hui and Catherine Blumenfeld third in A and B, and second in C; and David Piro and Paul Heitzman, fourth in A.
• The Monday Evening Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on Aug. 17 was directed by Virginia Seaver. North-South winners were Bobby Patton and Kent McCullough, first in A; James Masilamani and Donna Johnson, second in A; and Clyde Romer and Steven Phelps, third in A and first in B.
East-West winners were Bill Allen and John Fittell, first in A, B and C; Craig Huneke and Virginia Seaver, second in A; Larry Westherholt and Steven Vossler, third in A; and Brad Wertz and Lynette Forbes, second in B and C.
• The Knights of Columbus Council 1372 donated $787 to St. John Catholic School for the purchase of Bibles for sixth-graders. The students will receive their Bibles after 8:30 a.m. Mass on Sept. 17; and sixth-graders in the Religious Education Program will receive theirs at 9:30 a.m.
• Over the Rainbow Doll Club met Aug. 13 at the home of Barbara Walden, who gave a lesson on Lee Middleton Dolls. Members made final plans for their Oct. 17 field trip to the United Federation of Doll Collectors headquarters. Members brought Lee Middleton dolls to share and volunteered for items needed for the annual open meeting in September at the Lawrence Public Library with Debbie Tracy.
• Jennifer Berquist of P.E.O. Chapter JC, in Lawrence, was among more than 260 delegates who attended the 107th annual convention of the Kansas State Chapter of the P.E.O. Sisterhood June 5-7 in Wichita. The convention’s theme was “Spice Your Life with P.E.O.”