Archive for Thursday, August 20, 2009

Las Vegas searching for “high risk” runaway possibly spotted in Lawrence

August 20, 2009

Lawrence police believe a woman classified as a “high risk” runaway from Las Vegas has been spotted in the Lawrence area.

Las Vegas police are searching for 17-year-old Jesse Abeita-Daniels, who was last seen in Las Vegas on the afternoon of Jan. 14.

A woman, matching her description carrying a small brown and white dog, was spotted Friday near the I-70 interchange in Lawrence.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Las Vegas Police Department’s missing persons unit at 702-828-3111 or 702-828-2907.

Comments

jennifermarti 6 years ago

A picture might be helpful-you can find it online. Not too difficult Journal World!

Boston_Corbett 6 years ago

I'm curious about what the term "high risk runaway" means.

Danimal 6 years ago

Hmmm, maybe at high risk of falling into horrible vagrant lifestyle? Hurting themselves or others? Hard to say really.

Raider 6 years ago

Way to go Janet. Not only did you not post a picture of the missing girl, but you didn't even post her description. That's some quality reporting there. :-)

WHY 6 years ago

So is journalism a four year degree or do they just hand them out after junior high newspaper class.

GardenMomma 6 years ago

I wonder if this article is the hard copy and we didn't see the video, which would explain no picture or description. Since we can't see the video behind Janet ...just a thought.

Yes, a picture and description would be helpful!!!!!

Kristine Bailey 6 years ago

Nice work "frustratednks", again and again.

joshuahhhhhhh 6 years ago

looks like the same chick that was at the KO Damon Reed & Ring Girls thing http://spotted.cjonline.com/photos/index.php?id=4184858

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

yes, what does make her "high risk?"

what does that mean Janet?

so we're on the lookout for a little brown and white dog...more verbal description of dog than "high risk" girl.

does "high risk" mean she's connected to a Jihadi network?

kansasrose 6 years ago

I saw her the other day at the I-70 interchange, but a police car was there and had the lane blocked off. So, don't know what happened with her. She did have a small dog with her.

1moreopinion 6 years ago

I believe I saw this girl. I live near the Holiday Inn. The other day my daughter and I saw a young lady (teenager) walking and she was holding a tiny brown and white dog. Maybe it was her, and maybe it wasn't. I hope she is located before something happens to her.

Christina Hoffman 6 years ago

Ok why is this 17 year old called a women and the 17 year old who had her bike almost stolen by a naked man is a girl? 17 is 17 i like the spin to get more people to read the naked man article.

bearded_gnome 6 years ago

Okay! LJWorld!!!!

what makes her "high risk?!?"

if you're going to use such terms, you need to give more detail.

high risk: of suicide? with criminal connections? child with dangerous company? at risk of medical issues, doesn't have necessary meds? risk to community? risk to herself? risk to LEO's?

*please give us more detail.

and, is there an update on this?